1970 Camaro 350 4 speed Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by sevitz5, Mar 5, 2011.

1. clay's70

clay's70 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Darrin--that's great!!!

2. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

If I have any advice to give anyone that is doing a LS swap, it is to have your car tuned by a reputable shop. I have not started my car in a couple months, and today I hit the key without even getting in the car and it fired right up and idled perfect. Thank you Big 3 Racing for doing an awesome job. I reccomend them for anyone that can get their car to the Cleveland Ohio area.

Now to start on the suspension so I am ready for spring.

3. Orange71

Orange71 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds sweet! :cool:

4. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

I picked up a set of shocks, so now I guess I better get started changing out the springs. I was wanting to do a rear sway bar and subframe connectors this winter as well, but I think they will have to wait til next winter. I dont think I will have any problems waiting.....I am not racing the car or autocross......just street driving. Anybody think I will have any issues waiting on the sway and s/f connectors?

5. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

I can't way in on the sway bar but the s/f connectors shouldn't be an issue as long as you aren't launching the car hard. that is what twists the body. BTW i make custom s/f connectors if interested. Just look at my thread to see the ones i put under my car.

6. Krator

Krator Veteran Member

Sweet sounding car dude. What were the final numbers on it? That is one cool ride bud.

7. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

It ended up 406 rwhp and 388 puonds torque. Thanks!!

8. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

I really need to get working on my suspension upgrades....been waiting on nicer weather. Looks like spring is just around the corner, so time to get busy.

9. mikes70

mikes70 Veteran Member

So curious, what is your distance from frame rail at front to floor and what is the distance from your header (at the lowest point) from finished floor.

Curious to see what you have compared to my Dynatechs vs my new Hookers vs my new new Hookers to go in.

The frame to finish floor will tell it the respective differences between our cars, since our LS swaps are virtually identical.....

BTW, did the Custom Works sfc's and coil over install on mine and wow. totally different car. i

10. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

I will have to get you yhose measurements this weekend....my car is on stands and I am changing the front coils. U should get time tomorrow to finish it up, and I will get you those.