1970 Camaro Center Speaker Custom Bracket

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by Robert M Mrozek, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Robert M Mrozek

Robert M Mrozek Veteran Member

Thanks to this forum with all the great ideas I get to help me work on my Camaro. Just sharing with the group the solution I implemented for my front center dash speaker. When I purchased the vehicle I did not have a speaker nor bracket there. I was starting to settle on putting my LF and RF speakers in the kick panels and then I thought the center console and then I saw on this forum some ideas and decided on building my own bracket to hold two 3.5 in speakers (L & R). Attached are some pictures. I used 16 gauge stainless steel purchased from home depot. Cold formed the brackets on my vice and the welded them with MIG. Finished up with primer and paint. Used a steel tie strap to provide some upper support. So just adding another idea to the forums!
    speaker1.jpg speaker2.jpg speaker3.jpg speaker6.jpg speaker7.jpg speaker8.jpg speaker9.jpg speaker10.jpg

Bills69, dave@ztech and Inxs60 like this.
  2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice job. Or you could have saved some time and used an old front speaker as your frame.

[​IMG]

3. biker

biker Veteran Member

That looks really good. Nice to make your own stuff. I will be at that point this summer. One thing I have to do is replace the metal dash with the speaker grill in it. A previous owner bent all the little louvers and it looks like crap, no way to bend them back to normal. Any idea if the metal dash is easily removable?

Brent.