1970 Camaro Restofy

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by giggity, Apr 6, 2016.

1. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

seat bolts came in, and was able to bolt in passenger side seat and get a better idea about how the center console will fit. Its a little tight on the seats, but not bad. I need to make a bracket to mount the center console. Id like to be able to lean on it , and need to fit the shifter boot. Not getting too involved in this yet, Im mostly getting the new seats out of the way, because wife wont let me bring the seats in the house. need to get some bags to cover them while im doing paint and body work, but I have a feeling ill be removing, I dont want to mess them up.

20200713_210230.jpg

20200713_210330.jpg

20200713_210152.jpg

20200713_210143.jpg

huff_diesel, dcozzi and BillyDean7173 like this.
  2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The console, looks like it will be high enough to rest/lean on , damn those seats look great in there!!

giggity likes this.
  3. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

thanks! I love that it has drink holders and USB, which I will wire up. Im probably going to start working on covering the rear seat soon, but not too worried about it, since I can drive around without rear seats for a while.

dave@ztech likes this.
  4. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

had to modify my stool to make it lower, so I can sit lower in relation to car on cribs. Got this stool from a inventory sale from a local university, picked it up for 5 bucks!

20200719_110742.jpg

back to body work and all-metal

My previous attempt to apply was a fail, I have sanded off anything that was gummy, and reapplied to areas.

I think im getting the hand of this stuff, its applying much better. My technique was to put a golf ball size amount on my plastic board, and take the hardener with me to the spot ill be repairing, then once I have myself situated, I add hardener, mix thoroughly , and then apply. The key to this stuff is apply early and work the spot quick, it sets really fast. I've played around with hardener, if I put too little, it doesnt harden enough or quick enough. So for me adding the correct amount of hardener, and just apply it quickly works best.

20200722_084542.jpg

20200722_084550.jpg

dave@ztech likes this.
  5. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I’m sure the heat and humidity also plays into your working time

6. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

those things have stalled all my progress, more so the heat. Can't paint when it's 110 and it dries too quick. And it's still too hot in the mornings!

7. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

I could see no humidity being an issue to, but at least you dont have the flash rusting issue with the humidity. Ill work a panel, and within minutes can see flash rust. its not uncommon for me to have to re-sand a panel before applying epoxy.

8. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

too humid out this weekend to run compressor for sanding, so I did some odds and ends.

Took rear cover off, put gasket in and buttoned up. Filled with gear lube. I had planned to run synthetic, but not until the gears are properly broke it. I read that it needs standard gear oil for the friction. Once broke in later Ill change to synthetic , one nice thing about the true-trac, no friction modifiers needed.

20200726_141643.jpg

went ahead and gravity bled the rear brakes, I probably need to pressure bleed them at some point, but I got most of the air out i think.

20200726_145951.jpg

finished plumbing and wiring tanks inc tanc, and in tank pump.
    20200726_174825.jpg

installed tank
    20200726_185127.jpg

for 21.5 gallon tank its not very visible from rear. I did have to readjust the filler tube once the tank was in, pushed it down.

20200726_190659.jpg

9. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Same here.

Are you not running your fuel pump and sender wire via the hole above the filler tube?

10. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

Speaking from experience, those anti rattle strips above the gas tank will be your best friend.....
    I tried it without, about rattled my teeth out

giggity likes this.