1970 Camaro Restofy

[email protected]

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 27, 2016
NY
Are this the ones that Dakota Digital sells? I would be calling them and complaining as well, not just Summit , they are getting a good price for them.

giggity

Veteran Member
Mar 18, 2013
Pearland, texas
Are this the ones that Dakota Digital sells? I would be calling them and complaining as well, not just Summit , they are getting a good price for them.
Just contacted them, will see what they say as well. I didnt realize they were this bad before purchasing, like Linenoise said, there was a you tube video on it.

thesalboy

Veteran Member
Mar 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I assume they are sourced from the same place that CI gets them - that's where I got mine. The entire thing is "chromed" and then just masked and spray painted. I lightly blasted, 2K epoxy primed, then 2K satin black painted. But I wanted it all blacked out - no chrome.

giggity

Veteran Member
Mar 18, 2013
Pearland, texas
I assume they are sourced from the same place that CI gets them - that's where I got mine. The entire thing is "chromed" and then just masked and spray painted. I lightly blasted, 2K epoxy primed, then 2K satin black painted. But I wanted it all blacked out - no chrome.
I was considering doing same if they cannot send a bezel that's better looking( I dont expect them to, just thought Id complain. Maybe if they get enough complaints they will fix it. ). I have the Flat Black paint, so might as well use it.

giggity

Veteran Member
Mar 18, 2013
Pearland, texas
I contacted Dakota Digital regarding the Bezel, they said they just got a batch of new bezels from OER, sent me some pictures, and it appears that the new ones are better quality than the one I have. Although the guy I spoke to was very clear to point out that none are perfect. They took care of replacing it and shipping, so I guess as long as the new one is better than the one I sent back Im ok with it.

I also ordered a dash from NPD, and it was cracked.

20210130_124449.jpg

20210130_125020.jpg

Placed the bezel in the area to see if it would cover the crack, it does, but I can only imagine that crack will grow.

20210130_124605.jpg

posted on facebook, and someone pointed out that the texture was also too smooth. Which I agree. I thought NPD dashes were the best, unless I just got a dud.

20210130_160456.jpg