1970 Camaro SS 396 For Sale

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by Big Red One, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Big Red One

Big Red One Member

20190913_164130.jpg 20170716_175029.jpg 20190913_164517.jpg 20190913_164501.jpg 20190723_190939.jpg 20190913_165136.jpg 20170119_121523.jpg 20190801_130713.jpg 20190913_165623.jpg 20170716_174453.jpg 1970 Camaro SS 396 Big Block for sale for 32,500 obo. Car is located in Ontario California.
    This car was featured in Chevy Performance magazine (2007) 2nd Gen. along with other Camaro's for the 40th Anniversary edition "F-Body Chronicles".
    This car features the following:
    *New 454 Chevy Crate Motor (6500mi.)
    *Performance built turbo 400 Transmission.
    *B&M Holeshot 3,000 stall torque converter.
    *New Aluminum 4 core radiator.
    *Completely rebuilt 12 bolt
    posi-traction rear end.
    *The interior front seats are 71-73 model due to the fact, their more comfortable.
    Not trying to sell this car for top dollar,
    just a respectable price.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Big Red One

Big Red One Member

Hello to all:
    Please help me understand something. There's allot of Camaro enthusiasts with allot of
    experience on this site, yet my Camaro hasn't generated any comments or more importantly offers. Not trying to unleash the wolves or anything like that, but
    WHAT'S UP. Thanks for the time!
    Bewildered Camaro owner.

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

A few things...

Your first two posts were made to sell a vehicle. But... Nobody knows who you are or has any previous familiarity with this specific car.

Your location is unknown and not many people have interest in a fairly expensive Camaro unless they can inspect it personally.

Most of us already have a 2nd gen Camaro and aren’t all that interested
    in buying another one.

Many of the members here are working on project cars. Most members would be considered hobbyists rather than collectors.

Your car looks quite nice but you should post pics of some of the SS specific details. (Trim tag and dash for sure.)
    People want to know if it actually started life as a SS big block Camaro.

Post pics of those items.

If it was an untouched survivor or numbers matching vehicle... There would be plenty of interest and questions asked.

It looks like someone put a lot of work and $$$ into this one.

But the wheels and front seats are “wrong” for a 70 and many of the other “70 only“ parts are not pictured.

Part of the problem with modified vehicles is... A new buyer has to have the same taste in mods as the previous owner.
    (Spending top dollar for a completed vehicle and then wanting to further modify it to their own taste makes for a very expensive car.)

How much original sheet metal was replaced with reproduction parts?

Good Luck with the sale!

hubedobeedo likes this.
  4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Along with what Twisted said l’ll mention the other elephant in the room and that is with all this virus stuff in the news it may be cooling spending for the moment till the smoke clears. Sometimes timing is everything.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  5. Big Red One

Big Red One Member

Thanks for the help! I have made some of the adjustments you have
    suggested. Hopefully this will help.

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Its certainly a good idea to post it to these car sites. Ebay, CL and Facebook Marketplace too. The price is decent...That paint looks nice and the body lines to look crisp. Of course people will want to know if its a real BBC SS. It would be nice to see the VIN tag, the Trim Tag and possibly any paperwork you may have. Seeing how its departed ways with originality, finding the right buyer could take time.

7. Big Red One

Big Red One Member

Thanks for replying! Any input is greatly appreciated. I ran the vin#
    through this site and it came back as a "2 door sport coupe." This prompted me to move to the "cowl
    tag" next (pictured.) All this started from the magazine article
    mentioned in the description above the car's rarity. Believe it or not, the paint on this car is 13 yrs. old! Look at the article mentioned photo shoot.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  8. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

A few points, just my two cents:

Timing- you couldn't have ended up with a worse time for selling. I myself had at least pondered another hobby car but that's likely permanently out the window whereas last year or even earlier this winter, things were much different. I'm 67 and starting a "wind down" process at work, however, with my investments in the tank retirement is definitely postponed.

The car. In a word, it's gorgeous.

However, Twisted said a lot.

Take me just as an example. As you're personalized the car to your tastes, three changes for me are a must.

1 - that hood has GOT TO GO! It's just me but that type of hood doesn't belong on a second gen so I'd be doing whatever it takes to put the stock hood on.

2- vette wheels belong on a vette. If I'm putting "wrong" wheels on any 2nd Gen SS it's the 5 spoke z28 wheels.

3- stripes. I can probably live with them but as I'm replacing the hood anyway, likely I'm looking at the expense of removing the stripes.

These are just my observations based on my looking at your pics and Twisted's comments which virtually said it all. Don't get me wrong, your car is very nice, but there are certain expenses that I would have to incur if I were to buy the car, just as I'm sure others will have their own priorities.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  9. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Great car but yeah that hood doesn’t belong there, the seats aren’t really a big deal for me but if I was buying it I would want the 70 seats, and the 454 I don’t know it’s more of a chevelle thing for me.

I also think the price is a bit High but I’m not buying it so yeah

hubedobeedo likes this.
  10. Big Red One

Big Red One Member

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Will just have to weather the storm. Stripes are clear coated and you can't feel the transition. The hood is used for clearance because the 454 is taller than the 396. This is what I learned from Motion Industry cars having L-88 hoods.