1970 Original Front Sheet Metal Valuation - Asking the Group for Input (Pics Inside)

80WA7113

Veteran Member
May 22, 2002
Indianapolis, IN
Ok gang, I am going to be changing my front sheet metal over to all new, including the addition of a new RS front end. I will not need the original sheet metal that came on the car, and thus plan to sell it all. The fenders have been stripped, and as you can see in the pictures, there was damage buried under body filler, which I unearthed.

The worst is the passenger side with damage behind the headlight and fore / aft of the wheel arch in the vicinity of the body line. The driver side has damage behind the headlight going up to and including the lower wheel arch. Both fenders have patch panels welded in at the bottoms. The passenger side was done prior to my ownership, the driver side was done by me.

The header and valance are both damage and repair free.

All parts are original to the car. I want to sell the front end as a whole package which would include:

Fenders
Header
Valance
Grille
Bumper with Fangs
Turn Signals
Hood Release

Please look at the pictures below and let me know what you think the value of these parts are. Your input is HIGHLY valued.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

80WA7113

Veteran Member
May 22, 2002
Indianapolis, IN
I now know the value:

$200 for the fenders
$400 for the rest of the front end parts

I think that was fair for all involved, and so did the buyers.

Now, back to fitting my new sheet metal.

jbloake

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Atlantic Canada
I now know the value:

$200 for the fenders
$400 for the rest of the front end parts

I think that was fair for all involved, and so did the buyers.

Now, back to fitting my new sheet metal.
Good luck with the installation !
Keep us informed with the problems with new sheet metal . (Pic) Thanks