1970 RS Z28

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by 1320nut, Jun 21, 2021.

1. 1320nut

1320nut New Member

so now I see it, anything to be worried about? could it have been a repair? replaced? sure looks good in pictures. dose it kill the value?

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I'm not a "value" expert, but it seems that the car has a replacement motor per BaT or a decked/restamped motor at the very least. Aftermarket transmission, non-original fender(s), etc. So from an originality perspective, where is the value? To me, it's a very nicely restored car with some originality issues that may not be correctable and some incorrect parts that can be corrected if desired. I think the value is about right where it sits now at $30K - $35K for a restored car with said issues. This car wouldn't be an investment type car to me, so value is what you want to pay. Looks like a fun car to drive a lot and make some changes as you do. I wouldn't worry about value unless I was looking for a 100% original car.

70-camaro likes this.
  3. 1320nut

1320nut New Member

Great Answer. Thank You.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  4. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Again, I agree with Dave and am also surprised Jerry missed this issue. As to your questions, there in lies the problem...it sure looks good in the pictures, but there's no way to tell at this point if the repair was done well...or not. Overall, like Billy said, it looks like a really nice car that can be driven and enjoyed. If you're looking for an investment quality car, then this probably isn't it.

5. 1320nut

1320nut New Member

I just ran the vin, through google, he, they, whoever, have been trying to sell this car, for a long time from $69,000 to $45,000 Thanks everybody, for the insight.

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

They hate it when you do that! Seriously that’s why you see fewer VINS in ads than a few years ago. The internet does not forget.

7. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Very beautiful car I’m impressed by the knowledge of the person doing the appraising he really knows Camaros.

8. 1320nut

1320nut New Member

I hate to pick apart other peoples cars, but for the amount of money, he is going to ask for it, it needs to be right, or at least close.

9. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I agree. I try not to be nit picky, especially if it's someone's ride that they did the best they could. It may not be perfect due to resources, knowledge, etc., but you don't want to be a know-it-all and cross the "being a superior ass" line. Besides, these cars weren't perfect from the factory to begin with.

However, when you put a car up for sale, it goes with the territory and you should expect it. To me, honesty is the best policy and you should be 100% transparent. Explain what is not correct as if explaining to someone that's unfamiliar with these cars. And if you're wanting top dollar, you invite the scrutiny.
    Take a look at this car. Look at the price. This place always seems to be on the high side on 2nd gens, but this one blew my mind. This is an example of someone restoring a car that probably isn't a member here, lol. Love the floor mat hiding the gas pedal.
    https://www.streetdreamstexas.com/vehicles/1065/1970-chevrolet-camaro

Read the description and look at the fenders on this car.
    https://www.streetdreamstexas.com/vehicles/1016/1970-chevrolet-camaro-z-28

10. 1320nut

1320nut New Member

Thanks, Billy Dean. I see it now, Thanks, for the explanation.

BillyDean7173 likes this.