1970 Turbo small tire build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Nogomofo, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Nogomofo

Nogomofo Member

I picked up a 1970 Camaro last Summer to be my new Drag toy. The car is extremely solid so its been hard thinking about cutting the floors and putting a cage in it but OH WELL! The guy I bought it from had started turning it into a street machine cruiser .He painted it , vinyl dyed the interior and half assemble the rest to make it a roller. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The plan for the car is to put an 05 lq4 6.0l in it with a pair of Turbonetics t6566's I got from a friend. I hope to creep up on low 9's maybe high 8's with an interior on small tires and leaf springs.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The engine will have good parts thrown around the junkyard longblock. I have a custon cam from lil jon , moroso baffled pan, morrel lifters ,ati damper ect.
    Current status is its in the air to get DSE subframe connectors , the subframe painted and clean up the interior and under body to get ready for the 8.50 cert roll cage.
    I decided to paint the subframe instead of powder coat as I may upgrade to an aftermarket one down the road. The under body is going to be shot with Upol Gravitex. I prefer this over bedliner and is used to replicate the finish on the lower body of cars like Porsches. Check it out it's great stuff.

2. Nogomofo

Nogomofo Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Nogomofo

Nogomofo Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Cool build! I have a twin turbo street car but running an LT1 and it was built on a pretty tight budget. I had tons of fabrication in mine but I'm super happy with it and definitely don't have any regrets about boosting it. I'll be following your thread, I'm interested to see how you lay it all out, control the EFI etc.

5. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oh, please don't cut that car up!!!!!!

But it is yours so my opinion is not really relevant!

Good luck with the build.

budro6968 likes this.
  6. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Nice. I'm removing the 8.50 cert cage in my 73 to go 25.3, if you're anywhere near central NJ let me know if you're interested in the cage when it comes out.

7. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That looks like a very nice car to start with, I will be following your progress with interest! Keep us posted with lots of pics!

8. Nogomofo

Nogomofo Member

Don't worry the cuts will be minimal , it's not even getting mini tubbed and i'm not cutting the trunk floor....I thinko_O

9. Nogomofo

Nogomofo Member

I go back and forth between using the Hi ram intercooler or using a non sandwich style air to water. Needless to say i cant wait to get the subframe bolted back up so I can set the engine in and start plumbing.

I'm way on the other side of the country in Oregon. 25.3? you must have a serious setup!

Will do! I'm going to try to stay busy on it and do a little bit whenever possible

10. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Maybe I missed it some where , what was that motor that was sticking out of the hood?