1970 Wiper motor bushing replacement.

67johnny

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2016
vancouver
Hey all.
The bushing on my wiper motor output is worn out. (the lower one that goes to linkage arm)
Has anyone seen a thread on replacing one of these bushings or a maybe a good overall rebuild video?
Thanks!

67johnny

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2016
vancouver
Just an update... the lower bushing is inter-changeable with just about all that era delco-remy units.
The cavity in there is prone to collecting moisture and rusting the shaft resulting in the failure of that bushing.
If you are having issues with your motor parking or fuses blowing it may be worth while pulling that lower bushing by the ball stud arm and repacking the dried up 50 year old grease.
Finding a 70-72 replacement that is not off-shore is proving harder than it used to be!

ChevyReb

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
SC
And what about the rubber isolators the bolts go through to attach the motor to the firewall. I need to search up on this as I need to get my but in gear and get my wipers installed. Got any pics of what you greased up?

70 SS/L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2005
Rockford, MN
John, do you have a picture of the bushing? Curious what it looks like.

I believe the rubber insulator mounts are common on a lot of GM cars and not hard to find in reproduction.

Last edited:

67johnny

Veteran Member
Apr 14, 2016
vancouver
Hey All .
Finally got a couple of pics to post.
This is the lower wiper motor bushing that often causes slop in the wiper units.
The grease is alway dried up and in need of repacking.
I bought a re-manufactured Cardone item and robbed the parts I needed for my original as a cheap fix.
Great wiper pump info here by Russ if your into tuning your wiper motor up! >

Attachments

• wiper bushing  (1).JPG
    wiper bushing (1).JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 25
  • wiper bushing  (2).JPG
    wiper bushing (2).JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 24

70 SS/L78

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2005
Rockford, MN
John, just noticed your post from last week. That sure a crazy looking bushing, actually it's barely a bushing. No wonder they get sloppy.

Latest posts