1970 z radiator help

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by tcwcar, Feb 9, 2010.

1. tcwcar

tcwcar Member

hey guys i need your help.....im look for a 70 z 4sp rad.....i think i found one, but it has no tag on it, it is a 4 sp one, no holes for trans, is the right length, came out of a 70 z, has A B on one tank, has harrison on it, and where you fill it the cap is on a slant.....i have the build sheet to my car, it has LF for radiator and i have a early build z, 02C, he wants 300 for it, is it right for my car, or should i pass.....P.S. if its not right for my car does anybody have one????? thanks, joe

2. vfitom2aol.com

vfitom2aol.com Veteran Member

If its right, its a steal!

3. R Mitchell

R Mitchell Veteran Member

The correct code for a 1970 Z28 4 speed radiator is CT Should be embossed in the passenger side tank below the fill neck about half way down. I don't believe AB is correct.

4. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dont buy it unless it has the letters CT is on the right passenger side tank about half way up the tank above the lower hose, and the right side tank has the harrison logo stamped on outer edge to about 3/4 the distance from the bottom and it must be a 2 core radiator. I made the mistake of buying a z28 radiator on ebay for $300 and another $300 to redo and It aint no z28 radiator. Although if its the correct size harrison radiator probrably a 3 core without tranny cooler will work for a substitute for a $100 max that is all i would pay for that radiator possibly needing recored. If pics are needed i have about 10 pics of original z28 radiators still learning how to post pics if needed i can make it happen.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  5. tcwcar

tcwcar Member

thanks guys, rons z, i would like to see some pic please.....i dont even know how to start putting pic on here, im surprized i can do this.......

6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Send me the photos and I'll post them on my Web Page on the 70 Z28.

7. camaro gold z28

camaro gold z28 Veteran Member

Here are pic's of the 1970 Z28 radiator. As noted above, the tank side with the filler hole has tha "Harrison" logo. The tanks must be stamped with the "CT" and "IA" codes. The "LF" is the fully assembled radiator code.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [

8. ronzz572

COPO send me a email through this sight i will get your email address so i can send you my pics thanks Ron.

9. R Mitchell

R Mitchell Veteran Member

10. ronzz572

Randy sent you the pics i have avalable in my shop computer thanks for your help. Ron