1970 z28 rs

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
Not that I doubt it I suppose, but how did Jerry know the LA TT was for a Z28 without any paper or POP to back it up? Seeing some stuff that doesn't back it up.

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
Not that I doubt it I suppose, but how did Jerry know the LA TT was for a Z28 without any paper or POP to back it up? Seeing some stuff that doesn't back it up.

yeah, the fact that you can replicate a z28 using a non z28 car if you add 100% of the right parts. The only confirmation that would 100% verify it would be a block vin matched with the right suffix code. Possibly that’s what he verified?

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
yeah, the fact that you can replicate a z28 using a non z28 car if you add 100% of the right parts. The only confirmation that would 100% verify it would be a block vin matched with the right suffix code. Possibly that’s what he verified?
Block was a confirmed re-stamp, so a VIN match would only say that that block was original to the car and with an 010 block could have been a base 350 engine. Nice car in a good color but too many discrepancies to bring high money, at least in my book. Lots of replaced metal. Most likely not an original RS. Surprised Jerry didn't mention that. COV 3.31 wasn't even available with a Z.

I will say that the JM review was done 5 years ago (2016) and maybe Jerry didn't have the depth of knowledge on second gens like he does with 1st gens and that he may have today. Dunno.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
To pay that money the car should have been stored in an old closed dealer's attic storage room with all the factory tags, stickers, decals, and covers.

jurquhart

71 Z28/RS
Feb 11, 2011
Sure looks like regular wipers rather than hidden wipers that all RS models had???? Nice car all the same,,,maybe Jerry was having a bad day.

Latest posts