1971 Production nummers?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Marten, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Marten

Marten New Member

Hi, new here and have a question. In 1971 total produced z28 were 4862 if I remember correct. Does any one know the nmbers for manual and automatic cars / MIo

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Chevy never released numbers of combinations of options like Z28 and manual tranny so all we can do is guess, and a guess is worthless.

3. Marten

Marten New Member

Ok Gary, thanks for your quick reply. Just curios when I have one with matchning numbers on transmission

4. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Marten
    Welcome to the forum. I wish that Chevrolet kept better records of certain vehicles. I used to have a 77 Corvette and it seems that they kept numbers of things like paint colors and other information. Maybe GM never figured the Camaro 50 plus years later as being collectors vehicles. I also have a 71 Z28 with the RS option that when I joined the forum basically asked the same question. Anyway post a few pictures of your car and tell us about it.

Marten likes this.
  5. Marten

Marten New Member

Fitted Minilites, like them

Attached Files:

Kricka and Dave Nelson like this.
  6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Nor did they care if they had? The Camaro was a low buck, mass produced, subpar quality vehicle produced before the "computer data age". I can see where there would be accounting for particular reasons for metric purposes and future decision making, but to keep track of every combination of every option serves no purpose. I kind of laugh when I see these questions. Indeed it would be nice to know how many cars had this option with this option with this color...but most of these answers are not available. What you see on this site under "camaro info" is surely all that's out there and probably not 100% correct either.

Marten likes this.