1971 RSSS

$71RSSS?

Apr 23, 2022
You may want to look at American AutoWire and their classic update kits. Note that on the right of the page, there are two designs. I'm not going to say they are your best choice for what you want to do. I used their stock equivalents. You can purchase most of their stuff through aftermarket vendors like Summit and Classic Industries to save money on the parts and shipping.
Thank you. I will check them out.

$71RSSS?

Apr 23, 2022
Looking for some help. I have been unable to find information as to the placement (measurements) of the front fender ss and engine call out emblems on my 71. The painter/previous owner, did not like emblems so he filled in the holes. Looked at some older threads but may have missed it. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_203005508.jpg
    IMG_20220727_203005508.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 69

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
Looking for some help. I have been unable to find information as to the placement (measurements) of the front fender ss and engine call out emblems on my 71. The painter/previous owner, did not like emblems so he filled in the holes. Looked at some older threads but may have missed it. Thank you in advance.
I'm not normally a fan of the vette rally wheels on a 2nd gen but admittedly yours looks better than most. Perhaps because the caps and rings are on black wheels. Put the stock hood on it and it looks pretty sharp even without the call out emblems.

$71RSSS?

Apr 23, 2022
I'm not normally a fan of the vette rally wheels on a 2nd gen but admittedly yours looks better than most. Perhaps because the caps and rings are on black wheels. Put the stock hood on it and it looks pretty sharp even without the call out emblems.
Thanks. I debated on the trim rings but was happy with how it turned out. The hood drives me crazy but other items are farther up on the list. Great group on this site. Thanks for helping out a non-Z28 owner. I had a 73 Z. I sold it to a guy in Russia. He has a club called Freedom Rides. It's a 12 pack story. Takes that long to tell everything that happened.

Henry Albert

Oct 16, 2021
Carleton Place, ON, Canada
If they did not weld the fender holes you maybe could poke the bondo out, tape the area first. I had a 71 SS 396 back in the eary 70's.

john Gialanella

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2008
Bloomfield N.J.
Obviously, it definitely is a real SS 350 because of that small piece of the build sheet saying 350 L-48 which only went on SS 350 Camaro's. But like the other members said it would be very hard to say for sure if it is also a rally sport super sport. That would be on the build sheet on the lower right hand of sheet. Too bad you could not tape all those small pieces together and see if that section is readable. As for placement of SS and 350 fender emblems the 1970 Assembly manual is useless because they give a lot of measurements but not reference point to start from.
John.

Last edited:

$71RSSS?

Apr 23, 2022
Obviously, it definitely is a real SS 350 because of that small piece of the build sheet saying 350 L-48 which only went on SS 350 Camaro's. But like the other members said it would be very hard to say for sure if it is also a rally sport super sport. That would be on the build sheet on the lower right hand of sheet. Too bad you could not tape all those small pieces together and see if that section is readable. As for placement of SS and 350 fender emblems the 1970 Assembly manual is useless because they give a lot of measurements but not reference point to start from.
John.
What I have left I have tried to piece together. The black rectangle appears to be an isolation/ noise pad from the top of the gas tank. The entire back has more of the build sheet attached to it. Trying to think of a way to get it released from it. It's kind of a tar based pad. Anyone run into this before. I just replaced the tank and saw where it was at on the old tank.

BARNFIND

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
GPS WENT DEAD...LOST
This may help, not my measurements, I may have found it on here:

1661988731695.jpeg

1661988751810.jpeg

1661988772660.jpeg

1661988814977.jpeg

Latest posts