1971 Z28 Choke stove and linkage

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by BobsRS/Z28, Jan 24, 2013.

1. BobsRS/Z28

BobsRS/Z28 New Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hey any members out there with a 1971 Z28 4 speed????? If you have a correct set up 4801 Holley carb and winters aluminum intake and have the "correct" choke stove and linkage hooked up to the carb if so can you please take a few photos of them and email them to me????? Also I'm looking for a correct dated (before March 1971) 4801 Holley correctly restored for my Z if anyone know someone they can "HIGHLY" recommend that stands behind their work as I bought one from someone last year and had to send it back 2 times due to problems and the 3rd time I sent it back for the last time with a refund minus about $85 in shipping charges. I might also be interested in a usable complete 4801 Holley core. Thanks in advance for the help, Bob

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

There's a few carburetors on eBay like this one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/71-Corvette...692&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&sd=290822784034&

Although I can't personally vouch for Cranes Corvette Supply maybe someone else here can. It includes the CECS solenoid and mounting bracket but missing the plastic shield for it. Maybe buy an original used and have it rebuilt? I think it's easier to find a reputable rebuilder than retailer. -Mike

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

they seem to have the rod ( 10$ ) , coil ($20 ) , and cover ( $10 ) for your application in "new " condition . correct , not sure but it looks good .

5. owners2

owners2 Veteran Member

Crane Corvettes has always been good for me & delivery was also prompt. Paragon is really good too....

6. BobsRS/Z28

Mike, Hey Thanks for the info!!!! That Holley by Crane has been on Ebay for quite some time now and is about $400 plus over any other prices I have seen. Maybe it would not hurt to call them to see if they might come off that $$$$ some. Thanks alot, Bob

7. BobsRS/Z28

twozs, Hey Thanks for the Paragon Corvette site looks like they should possibly have what I'm looking for. Thank, Bob