1973 Camaro manual brake problems part 2

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by hoov81, Jun 2, 2016.

1. hoov81

hoov81 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I want to thank everyone for helping me with my manual brake problems from the first thread.

Keep in mind ALL new brake parts front and rear, New master and proportioning valve. ALL new except for brake lines which bleed great.

Now I'm on to part 2. I blead the master today and the calipers. The brakes seem to be a little better but not much. But I noticed that if I push the pedal once it stops like crap but if I let off the pedal and push the pedal a second time the brakes work a lot better. Anybody have any ideas on what going on?

Thanks
    Rich

2. Z27LS3

Z27LS3 Veteran Member

what brands are the parts and where did they come from ?

3. haroldpo6

haroldpo6 Veteran Member

Make sure you have a manual master and not one for a power unit, been there on my 70.

4. boardog

boardog Veteran Member

I have seen brand new master cylinders bad out of the box. as stated above make sure you have a manual one. sometimes its just a small air bubble that is hard to get out. pressure or vacuum bleed the system. I take it you bench bled the master cylinder. if nothing else works take the master cylinder off and take it apart and make sure a ring has not twisted in the bore. I have seen small metal shavings cause a problem. anything can restrict fluid flow.