1973 Camaro Z-28 RS with Console delete.

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by EasyZ, Sep 20, 2020.

1. EasyZ

EasyZ Member Gold Member

I wanted to check with you all to see if anyone knew how many 73 Camaro's were build with a Console delete.

My camaro is all numbers matching. 350 with TH400 with the 8.5” posi axel.

I get questioned about the column shift automatic at every car show. I’ve never seen another one.

Attached Files:

joseph lamb likes this.
  2. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nice car, love the color, and welcome to Nasty, there is probably a breakdown on this site some where, as to the models with and without however, all the AT cars with no console got that, just not many were selected , so it isn't common.

3. EasyZ

EasyZ Member Gold Member

I’ve seen that they made approximately 5500 automatics. But wasn’t sure about the console delete in a Z-28 RS. I would assume pretty rare. Thanks for the reply..

4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Technically, there is no such thing as "console delete". The console was always an extra cost option, namely option D55. "Console delete" kind of implies the console would have been included either as standard equipment or part of another option package. If the original owner did not want the option, the automatics got a column shifter as there wasn't a floor shifter for automatics without a console.

2ndGenCrazy likes this.
  5. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Console was extra cost option and very very worth it . Completes a sporty cars interior look .. I would have ordered the console back then just to avoid getting the column shifter .

70-camaro likes this.
  6. EasyZ

EasyZ Member Gold Member

Please see the attached picture of the option sheet that came with the car in 73. No option D55. The console upgrade for 73 came with the RS package Hence the “Console delete”.
    thanks for the reply. I’m not the original owner, I’m just trying to piece the info together for this car. Any info I can get would be help full, but no one has yet to answer my original question.

Attached Files:

7. EasyZ

EasyZ Member Gold Member

Thank for the reply, I would like to see your information to back that statement up. The console was NOT an additional cost. Please attach any info you have. I would like to see it.

8. EasyZ

EasyZ Member Gold Member

From the information I have, the column shift came standard with TH 350 or 400. The center Console shift was only available if you upgraded to the center Storage upgrade. Is that what you guys are referring to?

9. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

10. EasyZ

EasyZ Member Gold Member

Awesome info.. thank you.

I have a tricky one for you. My Z isn’t stamped z22. But has a YF8 stamp for the black strips with forced Options. I was told the forced option was the RS package. Is this true? I didn’t see it in the info you provided.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020