1973 Camaro Z-28 RS with Console delete.

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by EasyZ, Sep 20, 2020.

1. al8apex

al8apex Veteran Member

again (this is probably the 700th time this has been 'splained in the last several years), for those that are slow in understanding options ... (OMG, why do I even bother?)

OPTIONAL items for the 1973 Z28: Spoilers, gauges/tachometer, stripes (NOT EVER available IF you bought a Type LT Z28), console and shifter with autotragic transmission, console with the 4 speed, radio, power steering, Soft Ray tinted windows ... I think that is the short list of items that were NEVER a "delete", they were simply optional. You don't order it, you don't get it

2. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

LOL !

frank5s likes this.
  3. Ricks72Z28

Ricks72Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Where have you been Jim.....

4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

My '74 Z28 has AC delete and vinyl roof delete. :bowtie:

dave@ztech likes this.
  5. Michiglenn

Michiglenn New Member

I ordered a 1973 Z28 with automatic and made sure to order the console. My girlfriend (now wife) had a 70 1/2 with a column shifted automatic and I couldn't get over that in any Camaro. Yes, it was an option as were the stripes and spoiler packages, which were nearly always on Z28s. I ordered my Camaro early after release in the fall with the RS package. Soon after the order was processed the factory informed the dealership there would be a significant delay on the RS package, some of the components were severely behind production and suggested to delete that from my order. I agreed, got the car in about 6 weeks and never saw a 1973 RS in the area. I don't know the production numbers on the RS option, but for sure there were fewer made than were wanted...

McCune likes this.
  6. EasyZ

EasyZ New Member

Hmmm, It’s always nice to be talked down to in a condescending manner. Thanks for the info..

7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Or trying to talk up something, that is not Unusual

8. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Can you blame them? There is a lot of dumb and ignorant stuff posted on this site. All too often we see post about the next “holy grail” Camaro and “how rare is this option” or lack of. It does get old...especially for the folks who cover the same info time and time again. Folks who actually worked at GM in the 70s too...yet we question what they say.

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

My 70 has the Z28 delete

Camarokiddave and frank5s like this.
  10. EasyZ

EasyZ New Member

Never talked anything up, was just asking the question. No holy grail here. Was just looking for info. Hope you guys have fun trolling people that are actually excited about there dream cars. Pretty sad..