1973 z 28 rear sway bars bushing parts #

cisco 1

Apr 14, 2019
quebec,canada
i have 73 z 28 and looking for back sway bars bushing part # . i like to have those in energy suspension but there web site is not user friendly . sway bars and drag link hare powder coat already

can i have some input on persons how did find poly or rober bushing for stock sway bars .

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
I have the part numbers for 70Z28 which are likely the same as 73Z28. The lower bushing on the spring mount is 480913, and the one that attaches the sway bar to the support arm is 3983072. Those numbers aren't likely to help you as the makers of poly bushings rarely use the factory numbers to identify their replacements.
The rear swaybar should be 11/16" diameter. You can check that using your open end wrenches to see which one fits the bar. That number should help you get new bushings that fit the bar. Rubber bushings are soft so you can usually use one that is "just close" in size and compress it a bit. With urethane, you want an exact fit or you won't get it back together.
Try using the exact measurement of the diameter of your bar and see which manufacturer can give you the right bushings.

TommyRS70

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2004
KY
I still have 11/16 exact fit/ exact rubber composition reproduction lower drop link bushings still available if needed. $35 shipped.

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
rear_vertical_support_stab_bush_installed.JPG

rear_vertical_support_stab_bush_orig_repop.jpg

rear_vertical_support_stab_bush_orig_repop1.jpg

Last 2 pics were from Tommy. The 1st pic is Tommy's bushing that fit like a glove in my 70 Z28.