1973 Z28 Restoration "Lilith"

Jerry73Z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2017
Greeley, CO
Great story and I'm glad to hear that it's a 4 speed. I also see a 64 Chevelle and El Camino in the background of the 1st pic. I bought a 64 Chevelle in 1973 with a 283 2bbl carb. Best car ever.

I wondered how long it would be before someone spotted those! I'm not sure what happened to the Chevelle. Pretty sure that was Mom's car. Dad still has the El Camino.

Jerry73Z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2017
Greeley, CO
Thank you for all the welcomes.
Spent today working on the garage, and cleaning parts. Everything is coated with rust, but so far, not more than surface rust. No parts yet that can't be saved (knock on wood).

BJs7D1T.jpg

We want to finish the garage before we put the body on the rotisserie, so working on the small stuff for now. It's all progress!

reesebren

Oct 24, 2007
minneapolis, MN
Great story, I'm anxious to follow your build. I have a soft spot for 73 Z's as I purchased one brand new off the lot when I was 18. I kept the car for years but in the early 90's I fell in love with a 72 big block Camaro project and sold the Z. The 72 is restored and beautiful...I still have it, but I should have kept the 73 Z, it was a better car...much better. Good luck with your project !

70_Camaro_SS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 26, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Outstanding that your family has kept the car so long, and now you get to spend some quality time with your Dad bringing her back to life.

Hope to see you guys on the Colorado roads soon!

Jerry73Z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2017
Greeley, CO
Amazing that you were able to save that engine! How many miles have been put on the car? I'd imagine not many given all the sitting...?

Greeley Automotive Machine performed a miracle with my block, heads, and crank as far as I'm concerned. And worth it to me to save a numbers matching engine.
I believe the odometer shows about 96000 miles. Mom drove it a lot before it ended up parked.