Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Jerry73Z28, Apr 19, 2019.
That works for me!
Got home from my trip Friday afternoon. Too tired and jet-lagged to work on the car on the usual Saturday, but work was nice enough to give me Monday off for recovery. Decided to do my day with Dad Monday instead.
Dad worked on drywall mudding and I worked on my upper control arms. Got the bushings out (what a pain!) and chiseled off the rivets from the ball joint, then got to work with the blaster.
Got one completely cleaned off, and about half of the other.
At least the pile of "dirty" parts is getting smaller!
I have 73Z also. Just finished repairing the frame and installing new bushings in the a-arms and having them painted. Keep us posted on your progress.
Air hammer would have made short work of the rivets..
I used an air hammer with a chisel bit on the ball joint side so I wouldn't mark up the control arm (much).
Yep, they came off pretty easily.
Hey Jerry, I have a similar initials I found in my gas tank canister. I've had it off for a while now since I'm SLOWLY restoring it. I ran into your thread. When I was scrolling down and found your thread, I remember that mine has the same initials.
Great to here of your build, your dad, and your love of this AWESOME car. Also, thank you for your service to this great country. Look forward to your future posts on my favorite Z
You will definitely be spending a ridiculous amount of time on this site, there are so many people on here with a BUNCH of knowledge and the best part, they will be happy to share it with you.
I remember my days in Silverdale, you have 2 colors there. Green and a brownish red (rust). Spent 7 years up there enjoying the liquid sunshine. I'm really surprise your Camaro doesn't look like a block of Swiss cheese.
Good luck with your project.
Thank you all for the supportive replies!
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Still spending most Saturdays with my Dad, but more time working on the garage and hiding from the summer heat than working on the car. I've gotten a few more suspension parts sandblasted, primed, and painted, but not much else.
The garage is getting close, though. We hope to have it finished in the next several weeks, and then start moving in and prepping body parts once we don't have to worry about drywall dust and primer/paint splatters. And since it should be much warmer in the garage this winter, I'm hoping to make some serious progress before it gets hot again next year.