1974Z spare tire

Double J

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
Ron, these pictures may help you out........the only thing I'm missing is the canister and bracket.

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

ronzz572

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
imperial pa
Yes thanks they help a lot for starters Doublej on my research. It is a good start here for me, Doublej could i ask you to remove the spare tire equipment and give more detailed pictures or Does anyone have some more detailed individual pictures of each item removed from the trunk? I think i have a jack and base from my other 74 z28. I am missing many of other The other items. Any more help and pictures would greatly be apreciated. Thanks Ron.

Last edited:

ronzz572

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
imperial pa
Thanks jonesy did not realize a full size was avalable for a spare in 74. Now the next question were there full sized spares and mini spares in the 74 camaro? Or was the full size a option?

Last edited:

Double J

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
Spare Tire

Ron, according to the Camaro White book the space saver spare was an option in 1974. As it reads in the book RPO N65 (space saver spare) costs varied with different wheels and tires. The full size spare would be standard equipment.

ronzz572

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 8, 2007
imperial pa
I do have the white book. I guess i had my answer already. Thanks i did not realize there was a choice. My car did recieve a mini spare. I was in contact with a former owner that removed it for a full size spare back in 1975.

Last edited: