1975 Camaro LT with passenger fender air induction

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by 77camarottop, Jul 16, 2020.

1. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

Have never seen this type of air induction before and could not find anything on line in regards to it and what Camaro's got it. Mine is a 350 2V and is a low mile stock car with 30K miles. Any insight out there to this type of air induction into the air cleaner assembly.

I don't have photos uploaded yet to a place where I can copy and paste here but it goes sideways out of the air cleaner into the middle of the passenger inside fender lip up just above the inner wheel well. Its all in tact with the original hairy type flex hose. I think it looks cool just never seen it. Code 64 paint with 63D interior saddle cloth, unique colors too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. 77camarottop

Air induction photos added. Would like to hear from anyone with experience with this set up.

3. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I believe that was a one year only thing (75).

VERY few of the cars with that setup exist with all the pieces intact.
    Later years have the indent for the cut-out in the fender but they never used that air intake setup.

No idea why GM dropped it after one year but I've never seen anyone reproducing that plastic scoop attached to the fender. Those parts would be very difficult to find if you were hunting for them.

Pics here of a complete system.. --> https://nastyz28.com/threads/75-350-4v-factory-cold-air-intake.300442

4. 77camarottop

Thanks twisted for that great info. I was pretty sure it was stock and glad its still there and in good condition. I will leave it just as it is.

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Spirit In Black

Yes, very cool and very rare. The hose is usually the first casualty in that stock set up.

6. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I found a GMPartswiki listing for your fender "scoop". (part #345539)

http://www.gmpartswiki.com/getpage?pageid=86259

A 75 Camaro with a 350 engine is the only vehicle listed for that air cleaner snorkel adapter.

There was also a 2nd design (#360639) used for the same vehicle later in the 75 model year which went to the front of the car by the radiator.

So... Not only was it a one year part (for a single GM model and engine combination) it wasn't even used that entire model year.

I find it odd that the indent in the fender was carried through the 81 model year even though the fender design changed in 78.