1977 LT (32 yrs and counting)

john77

1977 LT
Nov 10, 2009
bogalusa,La
While block sanding high build primer is not necessarily fun it’s almost therapeutic to me, lol. Something rewarding about seeing the light and the end of the tunnel. Or maybe it’s just me😂
89EA94AF-6FEA-4D11-94D5-FB686252C652.jpeg
BF7301C5-9902-41DD-AD72-C41DD4413C5D.jpeg

Ratty_81

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2020
Progress has been a little slower lately. Passenger door and fender were very bent up from damage that happened from first owner (I’m the second owner). When I first got this car it was bent up bad on the passenger side. It looked like someone had ran into the rear quarter. The door and fender looked like maybe someone had ran off the road or something. My dad and I did many repairs and body work. I have many memories of spending time with him working on this car. Anyway, I plan on replacing the rear passenger side rear quarter when I get there. For now working on fender and door. Almost ready for high build and more blocking. Also, had to go buy a new air compressor today. The ones I had been using were my dad’s. One is close to 30 years old and the other almost 40 years old. Hopefully this new one will last at least half as long, lol.
Looking good!
Lots of fond memories of building hot rods and rc planes with my Dad. Miss him tremendously…

All that block sanding will be worth it when the paint is on. I’m glad I spent all the hours I did blocking after deciding to paint my car black.

john77

1977 LT
Nov 10, 2009
bogalusa,La
final job is only as good as prep work. Black will look very good
I’m really liking some of the more modern grey colors. Maybe because it’s been in primer so many years it’s growing on me, lol. I really like Chrysler Destroyer Grey with black accents

john77

1977 LT
Nov 10, 2009
bogalusa,La
Little by little getting some work done and making progress. Finished block sanding the high build on passenger door and fender. Sprayed them in urethane primer and currently sanding it with 400 grit. Also repaired some stress cracks in the fiberglass on the lower valance and header panel. Fixed a chip in the fiberglass chin spoiler. Gonna try and get them in high build tomorrow. Once that is done and sanded then I will spray fender, door, header panel, lower valance, chin spoiler and front bumper in epoxy sealer. Then I plan on putting the front end back together (with hood on) for alignment. Slow and steady wins the race. (Hopefully)😂