1979 Camaro With Hurst t tops.

William Bernal

Jul 18, 2021
Hey just wondering if anyone might know anything on the hurst t tops?
This is my 1979 Camaro Z28 With the hurst t tops i bought about a year ago.
Camaro.jpg

carhead22000

oldblue
Sep 5, 2011
canada
Hurst and fisher both made tops for chev.theres a chat on this subject somewhere here.hurst was hired to pick up the slack for fisher.not hard to tell the difference.although i have never seen one in person.i would think hurst t-top would be rare.

flint9

Veteran Member
Jun 6, 2016
st louis mo
Hurst and fisher both made tops for chev.theres a chat on this subject somewhere here.hurst was hired to pick up the slack for fisher.not hard to tell the difference.although i have never seen one in person.i would think hurst t-top would be rare.
i have hurst on my 79 also.

William Bernal

Jul 18, 2021
there is a story in Hemmings about the Hurst and other "T' tops . I heard that the Fisher " T tops " were factory installed .And the Hurst "T" tops were a dealer item.
I did some research and it seems you're right i found a catalog with this kind of advertising.

Attachments

• hurst t top catalog.jpg
    hurst t top catalog.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 77

William Bernal

Jul 18, 2021
Yeah i think its rare but i cant find much more info on it other than that catalog page i found.

Latest posts