1980 camaro z-28 center caps

steveo_80z28_nj

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2008
nj
Did the center caps come with the color combo of your stripes?

The ones they sell on evilbay are only silver.

Is there anyone out there making color matching center caps...or does it not matter?

I'd be interested in looking into making sets available in the color of your choice.

Let me know.

SteveO

Damon23

Veteran Member
Jan 29, 2006
Georgia
Which caps are you talking about? I have the turbine wheels and lost the bid on a set of very nice original used ones. The ones that were correct for 79, I beleive. They have the Z28 all one size instead of the repro ones that have a big Z and smaller 28. Those were also silver and I wanted gold.

steveo_80z28_nj

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2008
nj

superjudge916 said:
I have a blue-on-blue '81 Z28 with N90 aluminum wheels and the center caps are silver. I don't think they were color-matched to the stripes.

superjudge916,

Are they the original center caps?

Just curious.

SteveO

superjudge916

Veteran Member
Jun 14, 2002
Bay City, MI USA
steveo_80z28_nj said:
superjudge916,

Are they the original center caps?

Just curious.

SteveO

Yes, they are original. For whatever it's worth I also have a spare set of of N90 center caps that came from a car with gold stripes and they are also silver...

stinkboy

Veteran Member
Mar 29, 2008
milton, florida
the font for the Z28 was different in different years.

77 and 78 had one font, 79 had a new font, and 80-81 had yet another font. so if you want it original you need to pay attention to the font. this is also the case in not just the center caps but also the replica floor mats emblem.

steveo_80z28_nj

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2008
nj

stinkboy said:
the font for the Z28 was different in different years.

77 and 78 had one font, 79 had a new font, and 80-81 had yet another font. so if you want it original you need to pay attention to the font. this is also the case in not just the center caps but also the replica floor mats emblem.

Stinkboy...I was only talking about the 80 center caps...but good info all around.

Thanks.

I still need to know if the '80-'81 center caps were all silver...

SteveO

Latest posts