1980 hurst edition z28

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by 80hurstz28, Oct 17, 2012.

1. rhinehart 1977 RS LT

rhinehart 1977 RS LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. 80hurstz28

80hurstz28 Veteran Member

Got the car home. It just has a hurst shifter and that emblem. So its just a Z28 which is ok by me. I did manage to get the build sheet from above the gas tank,but I can only read some of that. Is there a way to find out the options on it? Like you can on Pontiacs?

3. JCSilver80

JCSilver80 Veteran Member

What's wrong with the quarter and driver's door, dented or rusted? If the transmission is the only major thing missing, interior is complete and the floors and trunk are not rusted out, I would have laid down $1500 for it without thinking twice. I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in, but that car looks pretty damn nice compared to what is available down here on the gulf coast for the same amount. Just my $.02, welcome to the board.

4. 80hurstz28

The door has a dent and the rear quarter is damaged , front fender needs some work or replaced. The guy the my friend bought it from decided to go through a barbed wire fence with it. The motor in looks like a 305. So that is coming out. I bought a vortec 350 for it. The interior is ok, but needs carpet seats will need redone. They are faded. Also somebody started changing it to black. Painted the dash, replaced the blue door panels with black ones. So I have to decide which to go with dark blue or black.

5. wayback

wayback Veteran Member

Congratulations. If the original carpet is still there, you might find a better looking copy of the build sheet on the floor somewhere in the vicinity of the driver's side rear seat bun. Another place to look is in the padding of the rear seat back. You may also be able to get a reproduction of the original invoice for the car, but you'd have to pay for that.

6. 80hurstz28

Original carpet is gone and somebody redid the seats. So who do I contact for a copy?

7. CogentZ28

CogentZ28 Veteran Member

Hi,

I created a thread a while ago with all of the information you will need to get an invoice for your car, below is the URL for the thread.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206837

8. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I had a metal emblem on the dash of my 73. I put it there because I thought it looked cool, and the one's from Jegs these days are plastic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  9. 80hurstz28

I'm going to pull it off when I paint the car. Stick it on my tool box. Now I need to change my forum ID to something other then 80hurstz28.

10. whitess

whitess Member