1980 Z28 Barn Find!!!

DODGERAM106

Jan 30, 2008
Austin Texas
Twins..Nice car and here was mine before and after a bath..sat for years...
orp947.jpg

346m07a.jpg

2qv5czr.jpg

2s8pj7n.jpg

DODGERAM106

Jan 30, 2008
Austin Texas
Then added some wheels and yes the car is wet.....it made the bad paint look great..lol my interior was silver
4u9oyh.jpg

53mtc6.jpg

the guy that bought mine still has it setting in the back yard after a year..dont know why her bought it..

outlaw77LT

Mar 2, 2007
N.E.Alabama
Very nice find. I was smoking the pics over and noticed that it has an '81 console, check engine light, and master cylinder on it. The '81 console was the only 2nd gen console made without the pocket under the dash because thats where they hid the CCC computer.

Are you positive its an '80? Either way its a killer find, loving the paint/stripe color combo. Is that the original radio?

When I bought my '81z I took it home and found both build sheets, one behing the rear seat and another under the driver's seat. With the car being that original I'd bet it's sheets are still somewhere in it, hopefully:cool:

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
Another late 2ng Gen saved!

Put that steering wheel in the dishwasher. Clean it up with some Formula 409 or something similar to get the visible chunks off, then put it in facing up. I've done two wheels now and it does a fantastic job.

1981Z28_454

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 21, 2005
Houston, Tx, USA
Updates and Responses:

A couple quick updates:
1. Pulled the VIN, it appears the car may be an ’81 after all. There does not appear to be a computer controlling the carb, but she’s got an ’81 type VIN number. Will look into this more as time permits.

2. She was purchased without a title, so I’m working my way through the paperwork involved in getting a bonded title from the state. The government here in Texas loves paperwork, so there is a bit to get through. Next step is to have someone from the Sheriff’s office out to the house to verify that I am being honest about the VIN #.

Responses:

Da-bigguy: will take more than another car to keep me out of trouble lol. Hell, cars are how I keep getting IN trouble.

Zspoiler: rest of the body looks amazing. Some areas underneath look near factory fresh.

JWZ28: zero body rot except for a small bit of skin cancer on the bottom lip of the trunk lid. Rest of the trunk lid is so good, planning on just doing a patch for that little spot.

EricsZ28: Yes, totally love the N90s too! I had that set on my BBC ’81, and I had a set of Centerlines laying around, so the N90s went on the stock car, and the Centerlines to the BBC Z28. I’ve got around 16 more N90s in storage, want to take a set and ‘restore’ them on the cheap like I’ve seen a few guys here on the site do.

AdvAutoBob: thanks!

Lerchinator: don’t know, steering wheel looks pretty far gone. Willing to try something to salvage it, but might just replace it.

Daddio4048: thanks, may just buy another one already attached.

DirtyScotty: don’t know if she runs yet, not putting any more effort into her until I get the title squared away. But she did come with all the keys. My guess is that I can get her to fire up with just a little TLC.

Dodgeram106: Nice! My BBC Z28 was originally blue with the grey stripes. Looking at the one I just purchased, I think I’m going back to stock exterior colors :-D

Outlaw77LT: as noted above, she has an ’81 VIN, so yea, thinking maybe ’81. Not confirmed yet, but leaning that way. Would be cool because my other Z28 is also an ’81.

CDesperado: will this dishwasher treatment funk up the dishwasher? Just wondering…

Thanks for your comments everyone.

outlaw77LT

Mar 2, 2007
N.E.Alabama
IMO there is no doubt that its an '81, due to all the year specific parts on her. It also appears to have the '81 specific vaccum hose routing sticker on the core support cover. I love mine, also rolling N90s. The color combo of yours is one of the best on a 2nd gen imho. Im looking forward to seeing it come back to life.

Latest posts