1981 Floor pan Issues

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
Hmm. Turns out the one I had bookmarked is for a 70-73, but there is the link to it.

Call GroundUp or Rick's - I am 99% certain one of the vendors is making a replacement firewall. I will do some digging later tonight as well.

Jaseac

Apr 17, 2012
United States
You'd think they would make one. How diffrent can it be from a 70-73 firewall? Might have to cut a hole or 2 but I'd think they'd bassicly be the same

Jaseac

Apr 17, 2012
United States
On craigslist, ifmyou have an ipad the craigslist app is really nice, you can put your city in then add other cities close by or ones you go to alot. I check it every half hour to hour. Parts cars tend to get stripped really quick.

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
Jaseac said:
You'd think they would make one. How diffrent can it be from a 70-73 firewall? Might have to cut a hole or 2 but I'd think they'd bassicly be the same

I think they would be pretty identical too, but I honestly dont know. I am sure if we look, we can find a picture of the two and compare them.

I SWEAR someone was making a replacement firewall for late 2nd Gens.... I almost bought it, then decided to just replace the one cancerous area and leave everything else alone.

spoonLT1355

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 1, 2003
Rockledge Pa
just so that you know ---

I put an entire firewall from a 73 on my 78Z. it's the same, you might have to drill or close off some holes though.

I went from a/c to not a/c.

spoonLT1355

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 1, 2003
Rockledge Pa
Also, if you click the link for the cobolt gauges in my signature, you can go to the 78 Camaro (white one) and see what I did to change the firewall.

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Take a look at this:

floorpan.jpg

This is a floor pan for the 70-73, so the center section will not fit, BUT the toe-board area WILL fit. You can find this board on Rock Auto for about $380 shipped, might be cheaper than buying a donor car etc.

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
Actually that stops just short of the toeboard. See that "X" towards the top of the image? That's the "X" just under where the passenger's feet would be.

cffp_firebird_75-81.gif

Dear OER, Dynacorn, AMD, etc
Why OH WHY isnt someone reproducing this DADGUM toeboard? If you can stamp out a 5 foot chunk of floor pan... why cant you stamp out a piece 18 x 24 inches wide? LOL

Last edited: