1981 Floor pan Issues

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
The piece I showed above is the only one out there it seems that includes the toe board as well as the rear seat pan. If you cut those pieces off and use a center section like the ones above, you can create a cat-car floor, thats what I had to do!

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
That's for a 1982-92 Camaro... different floor pan.

As far as I know, there is no one making a truly complete floor pan for the 2nd Gens. No one has any idea why.

One of the better solutions we have found is to use a Mustang Gas Tank. There is a link to that thread in my progress thread. I opted to have one fabricated as the cost was basically the same.

You could buy a firewall that has the toeboard, but those are hard to find and pricey. ($500+)

Last edited:

CDesperado

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 1, 2004
Dallas Texas
You must be seeing a different description than me.

I see this "Fits 1982-1981 Camaros exactly without modifications. "

That has to be a typo... there is no reason to say 82 then go backwards to 81. They probably meant 91. Definitely let us know what they say though!

JONESYFXR

Veteran Member
Oct 10, 2009
BUFFALO, NY
Post up in the Classified section that you are looking for toe boards. I found both side for my car off this forum, both were mint from Texas cars.

Good Luck!!!!

Da_Raabi

Veteran Member
Jan 19, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Like I said, if you want the toe board and don't mind taking the time/money, buy the Sherman board for the 70-73 that I showed above. You can get it from RockAuto for under $400. They have both sides available, all you need to do is use a center section from another pan that fits an 81, like those posted in post #20. Weld them together and your good to go, easy project. I'm in the process of doing just that right now, there are some pix in my build log here:

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225933

Last edited: