1981 Z28 misc parts - NW Ohio

budro6968

Veteran Member
Apr 2, 2016
Jax Florida
1fast72 has asked about it, but I cannot locate a box to put it in.... unless I make a Frankenstein box, which wouldn't be as protective.
Wrap it up in a few layers of bubble wrap tape the hell out of it then take a larger Heavy duty card board box and cut it down to fit so it is tight inside. Then use clear packing tape around the entire Exterior of the box with a couple layers and the shipping label under the tape. We ship over seas a couple times a year and never had a box come apart. When you fill out the shipping info at P.O. or where ever you go describe the contents so it is not likely torn apart to inspect. They will probably X-ray it. Another option is to get some expansion foam for insulation and fill a box that is lined with plastic then lay plastic over top of the foam lay the part in as it is setting up and cover it with plastic and foam it again on top cover it and let it set up. You build a custom cradle for it inside the shipping box.

Brian79Z

Veteran Member
Oct 30, 2005
NW Ohio
Any luck with locating a box for the fan shroud? Im still interested .
Nope.. To be honest, I forgot about it for a few days.
Also, I'm not comfortable with making a box out of the carcasses of several other boxes, while using a few rolls of tape to make it into some sort of shape..... Unless you're okay with something crappy like that.

Brian79Z

Veteran Member
Oct 30, 2005
NW Ohio
HEy glad to see you back, just got your messages as well. Replied. I willbe in NW ohio Saturday. So may work out perfect.
As far as buying the white Camaro... I will not be in the area from the 12th-17th. My family won't be much help while I am out. The car has been moved for direct loading and is on dollys now.

Latest posts