1981 Z28 Yenko Chevrolet?

XxWickedz28xX

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 22, 2001
Carmel, NY
Here is a pic of the turbo on late 2nd gen Camaro.....

March23_big.jpg

More info here....http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197727

Last edited:

wildcamaro

Veteran Member
Jul 19, 2011
Western PA
If it was a real yenko turbo car then someone stole the turbo motor obviously...I know yenko modified some cars with the badging and engine swaps, but they also sold regular production cars albeit usually performance/cool cars...here is website that lists the options that 1981 yenko z cars got..

http://www.yenko.net/dealers/yenko.htm

Steelej

Jun 27, 2013
Monroeville, PA
Thanks for the link and info wild, and thanks for the welcome jb. I'm going to contact the previous owner and see if there is any information about the original or prior owner.. maybe I can track down what was done to the car and when...

figured I'd throw in a couple of interior pictures to make up for that dirty engine bay.. good shot of the headliner that I replaced, so far so good - no drooping or sagging!

Next project will be to replace the door weather stripping and the window sweeps - totally shot

20130628_145821_zps7d3f6414.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130628_145651_zps7f917e8c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130628_145718_zpscc88d86f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20130628_145747_zpsaf2d55cf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

outlaw77LT

Mar 2, 2007
N.E.Alabama
WOW, very nice! In the motor pics i noticed that it appears to have all of the emissions equipment still intact. Is the CCC ( computer ) still operating the engine management? Its located under the dash, behind the console.

You have a very nice Z28, interior is great looking. If it were mine i would go back with the original color, but the blue is good too.

The airdam may be just a dealer add on for someone who liked the look, but not the pricetag of the 'Turbo Z.

Mark80Z28

Veteran Member
Aug 16, 2006
Ohio
It just looks to me like a 1981 Z28 that was sold at Yenko Chevrolet, and either the original owner had the front bumper piece put on new before taking delivery or a previous owner had it put on. Still a nice car with a unique history.

There's a true Yenko Turbo Z on ebay right not. It's been listed and re listed for the better part of a year now, with the owner dropping the price a little at a time. Lots of good pics of a low mile, nut and bolt restoration type car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-Ow...7245144?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c3457abd8

outlaw77LT

Mar 2, 2007
N.E.Alabama
wildcamaro said:
Nice interior man! And the engine bay isn't bad at all at least nobody hacked it all up...
I agree. I personally like to see the '81s with all the original equipment intact. Mine was all gone on my Z28. I would clean/repaint the motor and clean it all up. There isn't many driving around with the computer still working, and it says alot to the originality of the car. If the spoiler is indeed a Yenko Chevrolet installed option it would add to the unique factor also.

Bcral'81 Z28

Jun 30, 2013
Lincoln,Ne
Could be an aftermarket "Hugger" front spoiler like the one on page 149 of NPD parts catalog . Just a thought it does not seem as a clean a fit as the Yenko on Ebay, so maybe they are trying to mimic that look.

Latest posts