1981 Z28 Yenko Chevrolet?

reinhardt79

Veteran Member
May 12, 2002
VA BCH, VA
Wouldn't change a thing?! To hell with that! Yank that motor out, freshen it up with some go-fast parts, get it cranking out some real power numbers and slap it back in the car. The 2nd gens were slow in the later years, ain't no good having a slow muscle car. As far as aesthetics, the car is in great shape, I wouldn't change a thing.

outlaw77LT

Mar 2, 2007
N.E.Alabama
To each his own i guess, but why? Here is an '81z that has survived being modded for 32yrs. If the air dam is indeed a " dealer installed option " from Yenko Chevrolet, hacking the engine compartment up by removing everthing and buiding the motor would actually hurt the originallity and uniqueness of the car. Every car show has a few late 2nd gens, but the ones that get the most attention are the ones that are still factory. Why? Because is rare to see one thats still original under the hood. As I said, a good cleaning/repaint is all it needs imho.

I'd use any money you'll spend on getting the A/C back on the car and working, possibly go back to the factory wheels/color and call it done. Don't get me wrong tho, the blue paint and " period correct " Cragars are killer looking on your car already too.

Keep researching the car's history and keep us posted

ctchap70

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 29, 2002
Fort Necessity, Louisiana
reinhardt79 said:
Wouldn't change a thing?! To hell with that! Yank that motor out, freshen it up with some go-fast parts, get it cranking out some real power numbers and slap it back in the car. The 2nd gens were slow in the later years, ain't no good having a slow muscle car. As far as aesthetics, the car is in great shape, I wouldn't change a thing.
Thats what I would do! Pile all that smog crap in a box and sell it to someone wanting a concours correct late second gen. I have my 81 Z28 to have fun and drive it like I stole it. Have no use for trailer queens. IMHO :crazy: :)

RS1979

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
Memphis, TN
Your car is in good shape. Like the other guys, I'd pull the motor and build it. A car that looks fast should be fast. I'd hate for you to get beat by a rice burner.

Latest posts