1981 Z28

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Brett Gordon, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

087EE754-8A15-4826-8AD0-D89E86E619E3.jpeg 80B4EC9E-D022-4374-9F3E-15EBAD7851A7.jpeg 80B4EC9E-D022-4374-9F3E-15EBAD7851A7.jpeg I purchased this 1981 Z28 from someone who was gonna turn it into a drag care. Luckily I saved it from him, but he had already ripped the engine and interior out and started cutting up the inside. Before he bought the car I had tried to buy it from the previous owner and it was all original!!! Hopefully I can get this back to how it used to look and more! Is currently at the body and paint shop. Any tips are appreciated

Attached Files:

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome to the site. Too bad the previous owner did that to the car. Did he still have the interior pieces he removed? Are you going back with the white paint?

Brett Gordon likes this.
  3. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome to the site. - Looks like a good project, and hopefully the second guy didn't get too far into the drag aspect. - I hate it when that happens. - I was trying to purchase a nice original Nova but was 1 day too late in contacting the seller. Fast forward about a year and the car shows up on Craigslist completely butchered, missing pieces etc and for about $4,000 more than he paid for it.

Lots of good info on all 2nd gens here on Nasty. The search box on the right at the top of the screen may be your new best friend.

--

4. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Welcome aboard .Looks like a good find ,Just tell us what you want to do with the car. There are a lot of help available. Good luck to you.

Brett Gordon likes this.
  5. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Thank you.

6. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Had the same situation with this car. The guy sold I’ll the Interior, but we have another 1981 Camaro thatvwas our original project to serve as a donor car. We actually bought the hood from him a few months before we got the actual car. Kinda funny how that stuff works out.

7. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Thanks man. Sadly he sold everything he could take off. I actually bought the hood from him awhile back because I was going to make a Clone Z28 out off a car i already. I’m going to use the interior pieces from the 81 Camaro I bought previously along with some aftermarket stuff to complete her. I’m going to keep the white and blue stripes, but I don’t know which white I want to do yet. I’d like to do something that has a fresher shade of white if that makes sense.

8. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Thank you. I’ll definitely be posting the cars progress.

9. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Veteran Member

nice looking project ....... and greeting(s) to the forum

Brett Gordon likes this.
  10. Brett Gordon

Brett Gordon New Member

Thank you. I’m loOk’ing forward to showing y’all the progress