1984 Camaro Z28 5speed 5.0 H.O. next to my 77 Camaro

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 77camarottop, Aug 14, 2014.

1. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

Below is what is parked next to my 77 Camaro.
    [​IMG]

Just picked up a car I have been searching for a long time last friday out of richmond indiana. mostly original 46K actual mile 84 z28. has lots of original documents like bill of sale, window sticker, warranty cards, build sheet, etc, lots of receipts too. exterior has a newer correct charcoal paint job, interior is mint original, flow master muffter was added, and i just got new tires put on the original wheels and new center caps. just added a new modern stereo yesterday with new 6x9 infinity speakers and new 4x6 speakers in factory position. did not have to cut anything and i got a wiring harness so no factory wires were cut either. other plans are to put stock exhaust tips on the car, refinish wheels, and re do the bottom exterior stripes, they were put on poorly.

car drives very well and is solid and tight and pretty quick. from what i read its 9.5:1 compression with 3.73 gears from the factory which is plenty quick for me. we drove these in college and always liked them. i was open to firebirds as well but this is the only one i could find that fit what i was looking for and i do like the simplicity of the z28. i wanted 5.0, 5 speed, t tops, and one in excellent original condition. i like the color scheme and the dark charcoal color of the interior, most of them a lighter color and show wear quickly.

anyways, here are some pics. when i bought it car had 17" cragar wheels on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plan to keep the engine all original like it is now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the only bad thing is i needed to let one go so this could be in the garage so my new 77 black ta was sold to the place i work at for resale, so at least i will get commissions on it later. it should sell quickly since its a great car and 4 speed and black.

this camaro is very fun to drive and not a hassle in any way, gets decent mileage, and i can drive it anywhere, and its a classic, great combo of all good things.

how it looked when i got it
    [​IMG]

2. Jerry Lee W.

Jerry Lee W. New Member

Congratulaions....that's a sharp car! I like the Cragar rims on your 77 as well, looks good.

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

I like third gens, and I really like that one. They usually don't sell for much, but I'm guessing that car wasn't cheap. Nice find!

4. SpeedAddict02

SpeedAddict02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sweet bro. Nice clean car. That was my first camaro. 84 z28. 5.0 ho. But auto and hard top. All original low mile.. was great while I had it.

5. steveWFL

steveWFL Veteran Member

nice, congrats [​IMG]

6. JOHNNYMO

JOHNNYMO Veteran Member

Very nice 3rd gen. Makes me miss my 86 Z-28

7. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

That is one very clean 84. Usually these things are total beaters for some reason. I'm glad you were able to find such a fine example right there!

8. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I used to have the same color 85 Z28 but it was a hardtop back in the early 90's.
    That's a great looking car!

9. Double J

Double J Veteran Member

Nice Third Gen...........these are starting to get the play they deserve.

10. manifoldsrme

manifoldsrme Veteran Member

I rock my 85 Trans Am 305 5 speed every morning to work. I love parking it next to a vast barren landscape of Lexus's, Toyota's and Honda's. Besides a lone Corvette that another guy drives there isn't anything worth mentioning that anyone at my work drives. When I get to Iowa, I may just grow a mullet to complete the look. :crazy: