2007 Yukon's tire pressure sensors...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by FatnLow, Jul 19, 2012.

1. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My parents Yukon got a new set of tires and I was wondering if the computer can be modified for a different tire pressure. The sensors are popping off regularly and that leads to Stabilitrac warnings also. Any feedback appreciated.

btw.. Can you turn off the drivers mirror from adjusting when you put it in reverse? I need to get out the manual but just throwing it out there. Thanks.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

what psi are they trying to set them at?

3. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

Anybody with a tech2 programmer can change the tire pressure settings. That is the only way to do it. As for the mirror you can go into programming mode (I have an 07 yukon also) and turn off the mirrors from the reverse mode. It is one of the 4 buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel on the dash.

See the 4 buttons next to the vent? One of those takes you into a programming mode where you can change a bunch of settings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Curious about that, too. The threshold on my car and the MDX is pretty low, so...

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

its like 27psi in my pilot

6. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

Some cars/trucks can throw a TPMS light if you go over pressure ;)

Some need to just see a difference between the other tires (usually around 10% inflation difference), others look at wheel speed, some have to reach a certian speed to wake the sensors up. The magnitude of different systems is retarded for something that any moron with avg eyesight should beable to see, if your tire is flat it will look different and the car will handle different. Ofcourse people are too stupid so the gov had to go and mandate TPMS so people would stop dying everytime they got a flat lol

7. Cmatt1605

Cmatt1605 Veteran Member

^THIS^
    if you go to any chevy or gm dealership, run into one of the MT's and they would do it. usually going through the service writer can be a pain. but if you are willing to pay the MT cash they will usually do it. (know from experience, used to work for a chevy dealer in town)

8. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

The government simply mandated one more warning light for people to ignore.

TPMS is one huge pita.

9. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

its not about getting a flat tire . under inflated tires cost millions in fuel usage per year / per car in total . most people wouldn't know that one or more of their tires are under or over inflated by a few pounds , times the millions of cars in this country it could really ad up . i see people driving with under inflated tires all the time . not flat , but under inflated . it makes the car harder to push ( or pull ) which wastes fuel . it may be small but it adds up to oil usage from the countries that hate us .

10. Cmatt1605

Cmatt1605 Veteran Member

I just hate them because we used to get people coming into the dealer all the time with the whole "my tire light is on....can you add some air?"

you just kindof looked at them like :mad: and did it. I always loved when I got to tell people "hey your tire is not low, your sensor is bad. That will be $60 for a new sensor and .5hrs labor ($100/hr) for me to fix it :D

ALSO NEVER PUT FIX-A-FLAT THROUGH THOSE! it will ruin them extremely fast!