2014 Camaro's winning Car Shows?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevrolaine, Sep 7, 2014.

1. ColdBastrd

ColdBastrd Veteran Member Gold Member

It doesn't bother me to see newer cars at a car show. For the organizers to hand out trophies to new unmodified cars though is kinda dumb. I guess it all depends on the type of show. I went to one recently and looking at the trophy table it looked like there was more trophies than cars there. So then what's the point of having trophies if everyone, or nearly everyone gets a trophy?

2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

This happens quite a bit around here with new cars winning.
    But the judges are the participants!:screwup: :eek:

And I agree, it use to be maybe one guy would do it but now you're seeing dozens of new cars at shows all the time. There were 6 5th gens at this "Classic Car Show" yesterday.:rolleyes:

3. zzzzz28

zzzzz28 Veteran Member

+10 Kinda like the generation of today....... you're all winners and everyone gets a trophy!
    On that point, I still love to go to car shows to talk to other car lovers and admire the cars. If I were to go just for trophies, I'd be highly disappointed, as no one appreciates an almost totally original car. I don't care about any judging, and purposely leave before awards given out.

BTW....Harry (green77) I'm back in WI for a couple of days, won't make the car shows but hope to get my Camaros on the big truck to bring them to sunny AZ:)

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I've won my share of trophies. It's nice to get one, but at local shows I'm more than surprised when I get one. I probably have average 2 per year that hand out trophies in the last 10 years. Haven't attended one yet this year though - and probably won't make one.

The only trophies I care about (in 20 years of showing cars) came from 2 POCI National meets, the GTOAA National meet, the World of Wheels show in Minneapolis and the Land o' Lakes GTO Club's Muscle Car show.

5. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Got to go to shows with classes.

6. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've only ever entered one free local show.
    Trophies were all about the sponsoring club members voting for each other.

At Nationals.... They gave me a plaque just for being there. ;)
    They even put my car on it! :cool:

[​IMG]

7. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

This, although I was excited to win a peoples choice trophy a few years back at a local show.

8. ColdBastrd

ColdBastrd Veteran Member Gold Member

That is so lame. Years ago i took my 79 to a local car show which i had a couple hundread hours into it. Next to me was a rough 72 Chevelle with orange peel paint, engine spray bombed really bad, cheap chrome engine dress, cheap covers on the seats, etc. We were in the same category and he won and I was watching who the guy was and he was buddies with the people running the show. I didnt care much but I just thought it was lame because what's the point of having trophies if you just award them to people you know and not based on the merit of the cars. And I'm not just saying that because I didn't win....there were other cars there way more worthy of a trophy too.

The most blantant "its who you know" trophy handout I've ever seen besides that one was the last show I ever enter about 10 years ago. Relatives convinced me to enter my car in a show in Massachusetts when I was up there visiting. I had my 97 30th anniversary with me. So I entered in the modern category. So it comes to trophy time and I thought I had a good chance as my category was full of crap and they gave trophies to a dude in a 98 V6 Camaro, a 93 Thunderbird, and some other piece of crap. And I noticed the winners were all buddies of the show people and they were pointing at my car and I was like wtf is this all about and then it dawned on me....my plates are NY and there is that whole NY - Boston baseball hate bs so I must have been the joke for them due to it.

9. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

My buddy goes through this @ most of the shows we attend , w/ his 73 charger , he gets 3rd , sometimes second , but its always a newer challenger or charger that wins , the last one he went to he got 3rd , was pissed loosing to both the new charger and challenger , he went to the owners and said if all it takes is a payment to win this is BS, they gave some chatter and he asked which one or if both wanted to run a quarter for the trophys lmao neither were interested

10. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

I go to most of the local shows , gives me time w/ the lil guy and wife , away from the house and the work I still need to do there, Most have a playground for the little guy , so its a good family day if I win great , if not well I spent some quality time w/ the family:)