2021 Camaro?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Jan 6, 2021.

1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

As already noted, the OP and the 2nd poster haven't looked at a new Camaro since the 2018 model.

I was personally very happy when Chevy didn't go as retro as either the Mustang or the Challenger. Why? Because once you do that, where do you go after that?

The next gen Mustang, based on the "new" Mustang should have gone to the 1974 PintoStang...

[​IMG]

And the 2nd gen Challenger?

[​IMG]

So, yes, I'm happy that Chevy didn't try and recreate the 1st gen Camaro in 2010.

Ford has already brought out the new 4dr electric Mustang instead of the PintoStang. What will Mopar do?

2. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member Gold Member

Some need to get out from behind their keyboard and experience things in person instead of virtually via the disinformation highway.

Zstar and Knuckle Dragger like this.
  3. biker

biker Veteran Member

Point taken. I don't spend much time looking at new stuff at all, and the pic in the op may just be a bad angle. Totally a matter of taste when it comes to what appeals to who, I get that. I love the performance of the new cars, but much like the new Harleys, new cars have lost the mechanical and visceral rawness that appeals to me in a car or bike.
    As for the age demographic, sure. Young people can't afford a full blown V8 camaro, but they dont care about that! They buy cars strictly based on looks, so the styling is geared towards that demographic, and the rest of us who want performance are stuck with race car performance in a weird looking car that you can't see out of.
    Case in point, 3 doors away from me is a 20 something year old kid with a newish V6 camaro with a fart can exhaust. He stops to talk sometimes, and said his was the same price as any of the mid size sedans he was looking at, so why not have a cool sports car? And last year standing in my driveway beside my fairly potent 383 1981, he said "your car looks great, but it can't keep up with the new stuff". He went on to say that his car scares him, it's so fast. I told him to hop in mine and we went for a spin. The echo of the wide open cutouts going past bridges and transports at 6500 rpm thru 4 gears up to 150mph in 5th was life changing for him. He no longer honks the gas going by my house.
    Now, a new LS3 camaro will wipe the floor with me, but you are right, young people can't afford them. For every LS3 car, there are 100 cheap farty sounding V6's running around.

Zstar and BonzoHansen like this.
  4. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

I am 29. The practicality is what hinders me from buying one. I have a tundra instead and a corolla hybrid for my daily drivers.

I would rather have a chevy SS but again Chevrolet priced it so high that it isn't worth it... and then dropped it.

I wouldn't mind a 392 charger though but I don't want to pay 40k for a car like that. I would rather buy something old and modernize it anymore. I don't care about handling. I want a fun street car.

5. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

Also, I would love a prius prime... yes boring but with my solar system I would never have to buy fuel and I could just put that money into my camaro!

6. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I cannot live without a truck for many reasons, so that will always be my DD. The Camaro is my "fun car", there is no other I have seen like it in my area and it has been my dream car since I was a kid. That is it's biggest draw for me. If I did not need a truck, I would probably drive a newer Camaro or Corvette.
    I did drive a 2016 SS my brother in law rented and it was fast and fun though it lacked the visceral experience of an old muscle car. Kind of like a Harley may not be the fastest bike on the road but the raw experience and coolness is there.

gramps, Zstar and BillyDean7173 like this.
  7. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

^^^ too bad I couldn’t hit like more than once.

gramps likes this.
  8. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It's still ugly as sin compared to my 70 Z/28.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    dcozzi, gramps, Zstar and 1 other person like this.
  9. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Spirit In Black

^ Self-driving, too. ;)

10. biker

biker Veteran Member

How did you manage to use a Commodore 64 to do photoshop?

BonzoHansen likes this.