2022 Cost to Rebuild Engine Vs Crate Motor Vs LS Swap

pooch400

Feb 21, 2012
waterbury
oh, that's sweet --- can even see a reflection of its eyebrows in its dish --- nice work!
those are some right pretty cockeyed jewels! 💓 I just love pretty motor parts!

yup, I verified the above 930210995 do Not have a wrist pin bore that intersects oil ring groove; therefore No support rails at play either. Only possible complaint is included top rings aren't steel; but they're a good ringpak regardless.
Thank you for finding those pistons. It’s great when better parts become available for older engines. I’m looking forward to the metric ring packs for everything.

roadrace2

Veteran Member
Jan 13, 2000
Earth......?
I'm no engine builder..........the only thing that makes me cringe is when I read engines built externally balanced on a stroker engine using hypereutectic pistons. I had personal experience on both on my old engine.

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
I'm no engine builder..........the only thing that makes me cringe is when I read engines built externally balanced on a stroker engine using hypereutectic pistons. I had personal experience on both on my old engine.

I totally agree with you Roadrace2, It’s one of the reasons why some of the more popular “stroker” rotating assemblies are so attractively priced and used in many stroker builds to keep costs down.

Mallory/Tungsten is expensive a heck, not to Mention the labour. All in, it cost me just under 1K to get a BBC steel blower crank up to spec and internally balanced!!!

sandiego74

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 23, 2009
San Diego, CA
This is why I love this forum as much as I do. No other car forum comes close to the amount of discussion that this forum sees on a regular basis. Thank you to all who have replied thus far, and I eagerly await more discussion as time goes on.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
This is why I love this forum as much as I do. No other car forum comes close to the amount of discussion that this forum sees on a regular basis. Thank you to all who have replied thus far, and I eagerly await more discussion as time goes on.
Agreed. I joined a couple of Ford Edge forums thinking I could get this same level of engagement regarding a new-to-me vehicle that was out of my comfort zone. Man, what a bunch of duds. Unless you want to talk about poorly colour matched door handles or window tint, you are hooped.

I couldn't even get a rise out of anyone with an oil thread,

sandiego74

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 23, 2009
San Diego, CA
Agreed. I joined a couple of Ford Edge forums thinking I could get this same level of engagement regarding a new-to-me vehicle that was out of my comfort zone. Man, what a bunch of duds. Unless you want to talk about poorly colour matched door handles or window tint, you are hooped.

I couldn't even get a rise out of anyone with an oil thread,
Haha exactly what I get elsewhere. The 300 forum I’m on is, sadly, a bunch of people who just want tint, tune, and exhaust advice. No real discussion about anything beyond that.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Haha exactly what I get elsewhere. The 300 forum I’m on is, sadly, a bunch of people who just want tint, tune, and exhaust advice. No real discussion about anything beyond that.
Tinted windows are worth 2 tenths at the track. Keeps the heat down 🤣🤣🤣

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
I must have missed this thread but this goal can be reached on a budget although it may not be the "right" way.

Hone it until it looks presentable with a 3 prong hone. Not the ball hone. The 3 prong will also straighten the walls a bit.

Ya, that's not the "right" way......

There's a reason why a "ball" hone or as they refer to it as a "dingalball" is prefered in a "budget" in this context. If not, you are incorporating TQ plates, and that's doing it the right way, and budget is adjusted for it.