29K mile 70 Z on Bring a Trailer

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bodymanbill, May 17, 2019.

1. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

Nice car, but too much has been changed for it to bring big $$.

blown32 and FlaJunkie like this.
  2. EVILFACE

EVILFACE Veteran Member

Roof stripes are a Firebird Trans Am thing....

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Seems like a lot is wrong to be a low mileage car. Even the license plate bolts are wrong...shouldn’t the trim tag say “z28” since it’s a Norwood car?
    Im skeptic it’s a low mileage car...my billion mile 1970 Camaro was more correct. It also has the tags on the springs....so they last a while.

4. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

The “z” didn’t appear on the TT until about half way through April builds. Mine says 28.10 and it’s a 04B car. 04D”s all had it and 04C’s were a transition. There is a thread here that has a bunch of data points.
    The original owner definitely wanted to personalize this car a bit but for the right price it would be a great start to restore.

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It has fugly Stang stripes on the roof, yuk. Tail panel blacked out, yuk, and who in their right mind would cut out reverse lights below the bumper like 1st Gen RS cars which I don't see anyways.

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Maybe the lights had something to do with the trailer hitch? Maybe wanted more light back there or something.

7. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

If I were personalizing a car like that it would be "no stripes" at all and if I were inclined to blacken the rear it would have been a low gloss black not a glossy black. Otherwise I think it's a nice looking car. Just my two cents.

8. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

This is a solid car that isn't too far out. It's an easy save. Looking at the floors, I can believe the mileage. I'd pay $24K for that..and I just registered to bid.

9. Z27LS3

Z27LS3 Veteran Member

that car is'nt that bad, aside from paint & the obvious. original front rotors still in place and paper tabs still in front coil springs 49 years later, car could'nt have been rode too hard. low mileage may be correct. the rattle canned control arms and brake parts do make me wonder "what else?" but I doubt its serious. the overly red pictures of the underside do look like the pics have had the contrast turned way up, the low mile ones I have seen & own have the dull orange oxide paint underneath. not really a money maker but a great car to save.

10. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

I get the feeling that a "bored out 350" means it's a non-original engine and now I'm glad I've done my best to keep my cars as original as possible. Nice car but.....