2nd Gen Convertibles?

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by Z-Life, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

By chance does this have sub frame connectors?

2. shad_van

shad_van Veteran Member

Does anyone know when they started making the convertibles? About 10 years ago there was a red 1977 convertible in a wrecking yard hear in vegas. Unfortunately it had been in a terrible accident and was too damaged to save and first responders had used the jaws of life to cut the windshield pillars, dash and top open to get the driver out.

3. Z-Life

Z-Life Nasty Member

Hey @Cindi welcome to Nasty. Thanks for sharing and like Biker said, sorry for your loss. Car looks good in this picture, if its in good shape, no rust in floors or trunk where they usually rust then by all means it would be worth a lot as it sits. A bunch of us on here would love to see pictures of the bottom of that car LOL, I started this thread trying to find out what extra bracing they might have put in to convertibles...good luck with the car hope to see pictures.

4. Cindi

Cindi New Member

Thanks on my list for after tax season project.

5. Cindi

Cindi New Member

Was in great shape. Never driven in winter and for the last 32 years in a garage. I do not think rust will be an issue. Mice and wiring maybe.

Z-Life likes this.
  6. Z-Life

Z-Life Nasty Member

Good show, sounds like you got something there, definitely a sweet ride to the car show or cruise in, you and the car would be turning a lot of heads anywhere you go....

7. Z-Life

Z-Life Nasty Member

Here you have it sports fans the Charlies Angles TV show Hawaii episode with the 79 Z28 convertible is streaming on the interweb at Crackle.com (one of my fav places to watch tv)....
    the car first appears at 4:51 here is the direct link to watch the show...

https://www.crackle.com/watch/343/2510119

there are more episodes they shot in Hawaii on there I bet the Silver TA convertible is in that bunch of shows too. I looked at it a little there is a red TA convertible in the next episode...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 8:11 AM