2nd Gen equivalent of Jerry MacNeish ?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Chevyforever, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Chevyforever

Chevyforever Veteran Member

I think it is safe to say that Jerry MacNeish is one of the most respected authorities of 1st Gen. Camaros. Is there someone of similar distinction when it applies to 2nd Gen. Camaros ?

2. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

RonZZ502 Ron, L16Pilot Scott and Joey Grey all 2nd gen judges at the Camaro Nats all really great guys. If there’s any more Knowledgeable 2nd gen guys I would be amazed.

dave@ztech and Chevyforever like this.
  3. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

As mentioned, there are a number of them right here on this site. If you're asking about someone who can give you a paper certification, I think Jerry is your only choice since he also does 2nd gens.

4. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

I think "You" forgot to mention Mike Steitz as he is also a Judge and
    is VERY knowledgeable !!!!!!!!!!!

bodymanbill likes this.
  5. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

2nd gens are a bit of a different animal than 1st gens. They made 1st gens for 3 years. 2nd gens lasted 11 years through some major engine changes due to emissions and body changes due to safety. It would be tough to find one person that knows all the details about this span of years. The early 2nd gens from 70-73, if those are what you are interested in , would be easier as there are the aforementioned folks have done very detailed and correct restorations on these era cars. I don’t know of anyone doing a high end, detailed restoration of the later 2nd gens but they may be out there.
    Nobody I know of does this as a business other than Jerry M and I think he has a cutoff of years but I don’t know what that is.

Chevyforever likes this.