2nd Gen LS1 guys...

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by OldSchoolFormula, Apr 14, 2006.

1. OldSchoolFormula

OldSchoolFormula Veteran Member

I was wondering if anyone with a second gen could possibly do some measuring for me. I would use the adapter plates available on the market if I had a pair of Chevy frame mounts, but unfortunately, I don't...and I think I like these better. http://www.geocities.com/thelastcaboose2/pass_motor_mount.jpg

Can anyone take some measurements from the center of the bolt hole to the frame, preferably in a triangle pattern so I can build soemthing similar? Would be greatly appreciated.

2. schitzo

schitzo Veteran Member

I'd wait until you have the motor in the right position....then get your measurements and fab the mounts......

if you still need the measurements, I can get them for using my frame mounts since I have the engine out...let me know

3. driftwood

driftwood Veteran Member

Those mounts in your link are like the ones I have from when I set my motor/trans in my 73.I am not using them as I am going with a whole C5 chassis,they could be yours very reasonably if interested.Will try to get picks this weekend.
    The lower piece on mine was a modified Moroso sbc and the rubber upper is stock fbody LS1 unit that came with my motor.

4. OldSchoolFormula

OldSchoolFormula Veteran Member

5. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member