3 generations one box.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by fatkid_racing, May 18, 2017.

1. fatkid_racing

fatkid_racing Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Buick funny car always inspires me with his efforts to preserve history and share his memories. When he posted about letting the terminally I'll gentleman sit in Ingenue I was inspired to the point of getting off my fat ass and saving a piece of my family's history. It might not be a vintage flopper, or a slingshot dragster, but it means as much to me as they do him.

To a lot of people it's just an outdated tool box, but to me it's priceless. My grandfather made a living out of this box, my father made a living out this box, and I worked my way through college out of it.

So here it is, home safe and sound. It's still got plenty of my grandfathers tools in it, even some that were my great grandfathers as well as some specialty GM tools dating back to the 50's that were my great uncles. I can't help but get a little nostalgic satisfaction picking up wrenches knowing that my pap had his hands on them so long ago.

IMG_0386.JPG

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

There is nothing wrong with the box. I contains all sorts of tools and memories.And yo can never can have enough of either.Why is do you think what people just think are just an "old car" . Continue to have fun.

3. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

That is exactly how i got all of my tools. From garage and estate sales. Everytime i use them i think of the gentlemen that used them and feel like im carrying on their great skills and craftsmanship. Things, perhaps their own relatives could not appreciate but I've done them proud. I have tools in boxes I've purchased that i have no idea what they do. Specialty tools i have no idea what they do. I feel great Everytime i use them.

4. jthomas

jthomas Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think its great. Wish I had my grandfather's tool box and tools...I'd display them proudly and use them all the time and then pass them on to my grandson.

5. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is awesome Damon!

My Grandpa gave me this Snap On box back in 1988 along with this old fridge that just keeps running... 2013-01-07_18-35-08_697.jpg

6. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Fatkid, that is very cool!!

7. slayer021175666

slayer021175666 Veteran Member

I think its badass, Robert!
    And, harbone66 has a great grandpa too. Hard to beat tool AND beer storage!

8. David79Z28

David79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's awesome. I still have a tool box my grandfather gave me. A lot of his tools have been passed down to me.

The most cherished item in my shop is his creeper. It's the only creeper I use. We have now had 4 generations on it.

My wife even had pictures of my youngest taken with the creeper. The picture was used for the April picture in the 2015 Nastyz calendar.

9. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

I have that exact box, top and side box along with a mid box. Got it new when I was in Votech at 17.

10. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

No price can be placed on the sentimental value of things like this. Like you guys I have a few things that were my dads and cherish them every time I use them.