383 + 174 B&m Blower??

1BAD80

Veteran Member
Dec 17, 2005
Monterey, Ca
What do you guys think, after my last engine ordeal were thinking of using my heads and carb with all forged internals and roller cam to build a sick blower motor! Aluminum Canfield heads with 2.08/1.60 valves and the rest of the combo is custom to the blower! Thoughts complaints?? I was thinking of a 400 sbc but it turned out to be a bad core!!

Mr_Metal

Veteran Member
Mar 2, 2002
Cleveland, OH
I had a Weiand 172, mated to a 388 Stroker for a short period of time... one NICE combo.
I'd recommend the MSD BTM (which I also had) ignition box to control detonation/boost... and keep the compression ratio right around 8.5:1... good luck.

1BAD80

Veteran Member
Dec 17, 2005
Monterey, Ca
baby blower!! I scored a polished version with all the parts for 800 bucks. Plus my new motor is in the process of being built so I thought well, if it's built right it can't hurt??

Mr_Metal

Veteran Member
Mar 2, 2002
Cleveland, OH
1BAD80 said:
baby blower!! I scored a polished version with all the parts for 800 bucks.

That's a GREAT deal... do yourself a favor right off the bat and check into getting an MSD BTM ignition box... it has the controls to control the boost from inside the car ! Blowers don't like to run lean... it's cheap insurance !

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
Mr_Metal said:
That's a GREAT deal... do yourself a favor right off the bat and check into getting an MSD BTM ignition box... it has the controls to control the boost from inside the car ! Blowers don't like to run lean... it's cheap insurance !

yep definately get the MSD BTM you definately do not want that engine going lean ,ever seen a blower motor sneeze ??, it's not a purdy sight i tell ya !!!

theflash

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 27, 2004
Podunk, CT
1BAD80 said:
baby blower!! I scored a polished version with all the parts for 800 bucks. Plus my new motor is in the process of being built so I thought well, if it's built right it can't hurt??

Sweet deal. I also ran the MSD 6 BTM box.