383 Blueprint engine, what headers are you using

7383_camaro

Apr 26, 2022
Corydon indiana
After getting a Blueprint 383 in November. Going thru alot of full length headers that are hitting the floor before back bolt is installed. What headers is anybody using? Competition engineering sub frame bushings are in, frame is tied, motor mounts are correct. Summit headers are on top, Jegs are on the bottom. Just a few full length that hit floor, Hooker 2451 hit also. Thanks for any help

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 19

ZZ430

Veteran Member
Jul 9, 2004
Crockett, Texas
I'm using these:

Fit is fantastic, but nobody can say for sure if they will clear your floor, so many variables. I can just say they work for my 70 SBC, angle plug, Competition Engineering stock height poly body and motor mounts.

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
These fit like a glove in my '73, with and without .250" raised exhaust ports...

1978 Z/28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2017
New Brunswick
I'm using these:

Fit is fantastic, but nobody can say for sure if they will clear your floor, so many variables. I can just say they work for my 70 SBC, angle plug, Competition Engineering stock height poly body and motor mounts.
They fit my 78 Camaro also no issues

CorkyE

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
I have Hedman 65104, 1 3/4" long tube headers. If you have a/c, it's a real tight fit on the a/c box.

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
These fit like a glove in my '73, with and without .250" raised exhaust ports...

What he said^ my non-coated 2217's work well and fir perfect also. I have used the universal SBC headers like the OP listed and they fit fine also. They worked so good I ran 10'90's with them and the Hookers for all that they charge made no more power.

GTOLou

Jul 26, 2021
I went w/ Doug's -

D324-B​

Too cheap to get the coated. lol. The passenger side was tight to the floor. I have a BP 396 - I think you gotta remember that most of these aluminum heads have the header location raised, like .5inch. I am happy w/ the Doug's - that brand is kinda my go to.

Latest posts