3D printer ideas?

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
I would like to post these files to the Media section on NastyZ, but it won't allow files with an .STL (most common universal format for 3D printers) suffix. Can this be changed? It would be a convenient place to put these type of files for sharing.

70lt1z28

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Oct 3, 1999
Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
Actually, just did some looking and there is a Category at the top titled "Resources" that looks like a good fit for .stl files. It is pretty much empty now. I'll contact an Admin to see if they can create a "3D Printer" Resource or something.

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
Here's a few things I can think of.
1. 70-71 deluxe door panel handle escutcheons (aka inserts, cups for the interior door handle).
2. 72-77(?) lower door pull handle inserts.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/all-years/chevrolet/camaro/parts/*881135.html
3. 70 sun visor center support.
4. 71-74 seat track covers for front of the tracks.
and this last one is for me . . .
5. a damn 70-81(?) glove box lamp lens. I can't believe how hard it's been to find one. Figured Firebirds got them, too.

I will definitely see what I can do with regards to those once I get my printer up and running.

Da-bigguy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 19, 2010
Cypress, TX
Well, it's only been one year and eight months since I posted here! I have received the printer but it is still sitting in its box in the garage! I've been kept busy doing contract work, including over 10 months in China. I will be back home in early to mid December and plan on getting it setup and running. Hopefully I will be able to post some pics of parts I will try making before I head back to China in the New Year, probably around February.

Latest posts