4 channel amp for $90 shipped.

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by AJ_72, Jul 29, 2013.

1. HyPer

HyPer Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I had a long talk with them about 6months ago, and they said they will not be changing manufacturing principles, they're simply transferring ownership of the name. They'll still be based in Florida manufactured from high quality components. They only recently announced the purchase(early March), it happened around the beginning of the year. I'll be keeping close watch on them though, anytime a foreign company purchases a US brand, it's best to keep a close eye on them for quality changes.

2. HyPer

HyPer Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Also, the opti series class-D amps are in the low 90's as far as architecture efficiency goes. The power supply loss usually makes up for about 5%, so high 80's is probably closer to actual efficiency.

3. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

That kind of sucks because I read the manufacturing principles went down when DEI bought Orion. Oh well.

The guy that tested the amplifier at 85 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms. It's rated by Lanzar to put out 150 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms. He barely got 150 watts @ 2 ohms.

So, while it may be an efficient amplifier, the rated output is still falsely advertised.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1940848-post166.html