454/th400 for trade

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Region' started by hellrot328m, Jun 22, 2014.

1. hellrot328m

hellrot328m Member

I know it's a far stretch from happening. But my cousin bought an RV that didn't run due to some old holley fuel injection issues. We slapped my old Q-jet on it and drive it home. I can't remember the exact mileage on it. But it was less than 25k miles. And it's a 6 digit odometer. So it has 25k or 1,025,000k miles! Hahaha. The RV is in great shape but being so old it's very outdated. We were going to pull the 454 and shove it in a short wide truck. He sold it and turned to the dark side and bought a dodge...
    He's looking for a 360/727 to replace the 318/904 in the dodge now. He will take a big block if its a complete engine and trans. He plans to buy something in useable condition because its a truck.. Not a hot rod money pit. Lol. But he would like to trade the 454 for something if possible since he doesn't have much use for it. I have no idea about the casting numbers on the block or heads. It's still in the RV waiting to be pulled.

2. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It'll be a low perf, 2-bolt block and the small peanut port heads. The heads are useless. The block is good as uncut 454's are not common anymore.

3. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I don't have any Mopar stuff but do you have any idea what else he might want to trade for?

4. CamaroGP

CamaroGP Veteran Member

I did not see any mention of the TH400. Depending on the age of the RV there is a real possibility of having a HD case with straight cut planetary gears. A coveted piece.

5. hellrot328m

hellrot328m Member

Sorry guys. Completely forgot about this thread. I'll have to find out more info on the RV. He doesn't know much about it. But he had some REALLY bad body work done on the truck. He had a guy that swore up and down that he was a paint and body genious. He tried to shave the handles, market lights, mirrors, and hood emblem. My cousin got it back and was fairly happy with the work. It was in primer when i saw it. So I sprayed it with water to shine it up and he realized it was incredibly bad. He called the guy and started asking questions. And turns out that he tried to shave everything with an ARC welder. He figured out it wouldn't work and it warped the panels heavily and blew holes in everything. So he covered it all up with bondo. Lightly sanded it and rattle can primed it.

My cousin got mad and sold it to someone just needing a cheap ride. So he isn't looking for a mopar drivetrain at the moment anymore. But he might still be interested in selling the 454/th400