500 hp rockers!

Knuckle Dragger

Mayor of Simpleton
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 2, 2002
Waddell AZ
Ztoy said:
My little naturally aspirated 355 is pushing 508 hp from the rear wheels. Didn't need any rockers like that either. Runs off premium pump gas too. Its all in the build........

Well maybe if you added these roller rockers you'd hit over a grand? Engrave "Type R" just above the fulcrum and I'd bet you'll see over 1,200HP ;)

Ztoy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 4, 2003
Ionia, Michigan
vcxpuf.jpg

Led Zep

Veteran Member
Mar 13, 2008
Ky
Roller rockers will make more HP than stock non roller rockers.15 HP is not unrealistic for increased ratio and reduced friction.

Harland Sharp is not claiming 15-40 HP per rocker:rolleyes:

81BirdMan

Veteran Member
Jan 31, 2004
You're gonna' need some tall valve covers to clear them. Preferably ones with no oil cap, breather or PCV holes. Install them with those giant wingnut thingies and you'll be good to go!

kimosabi

Veteran Member
Oct 7, 2013
Not
I ordered tall covers but with pcv holes...Not planning on using pcv though, crank pressure is bad, will provide too much piston resistance!

Ztoy

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 4, 2003
Ionia, Michigan
I believe you are going to want/need pvc valves in those covers. I have never heard they will drag down any hp, at least nothing worth worrying about.

tomsti

Veteran Member
Jul 15, 2003
Redmond, Wa, USA
I spin my 350 to 8k just warming it up. I'm pumped to know that these rockers will reduce friction! I'll also be running with no valve covers. Chick magnet.