540 Big Block 81 Camaro build

kimosabi

Veteran Member
Oct 7, 2013
Not
Holy $hit those are nice!!

Someone should show them to bonspeedbrad as he needs to learn alittle more about making bitchin finish wheels.

Mike Busutil

Veteran Member
Oct 16, 2010
Yuma Arizona
Thanks Kimosabi!

I spoke with Brad a few times but we couldn't work out a wheel exactly as I wanted. I think wheels are extremely important when you are going for a certain look and the wrong wheel can ruin the look of a nice car. Hopefully I chose right.

Mike Busutil

Veteran Member
Oct 16, 2010
Yuma Arizona
After the body work was done we painted and cleared the rear half of the Camaro. (Roof, quarter panels, rear inner panel)

0LV8zyB.jpg

The trunk lid was hung and painted then mounted.

3rWKrce.jpg

Mike Busutil

Veteran Member
Oct 16, 2010
Yuma Arizona
Since the Camaro needs a rear spoiler to look good in my opinion and my Camaro did not originally come with one... I bought the new trunk lid with the holes already cut but needed to make my own holes for the two side spoiler pieces.

Here we traced the spoiler ends on a piece of posterboard, cut it out and had a perfect template to drill the mounting holes.

r3xeKuc.jpg

4gofsaR.jpg

muB818V.jpg

JE9wzIB.jpg

fiMQXON.jpg

HDJShNy.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Busutil

Veteran Member
Oct 16, 2010
Yuma Arizona
The rear spoiler had some ugly gaps between the center piece and the end pieces. These got filled and properly gapped then we corrected the poor alignment of the center spoiler transitioning to the corner spoilers.

Mike Busutil

Veteran Member
Oct 16, 2010
Yuma Arizona
Note The rear bumper sill needs the two rear bumper fillers installed on the ends at this point to hold the rear bumper cover in the right position.

Latest posts